hello

alphyra

Reaction score
hi, new here, my name is Kevin. I suffer from loss of hearing in both ears. Mainly looked up this forum as I have a question. Why is it my hearing improves for a short period after having a headcold:shock: Really annoying as for a few hours it great to be able to hear things that I normaly can't. Any info would be great.

Hi and welcome to AD,I don't know the answer to your question but maybe another member can answer.

Aloha, Kevin..

umm, i would suggest you to check with doc. It'll be safer to answer your question.

Welcome to AD-

:welcome: to AllDeaf. I hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. :)

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Hope you will get the answers you want from us members on this informative forum. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I think it is due to closing up in your ear canals when you have a headcold or when you are going up the hill or over the mountain and you can not hear anything at all. Later like in a day or week you began to hear again better. It happen to me few times when I had to go over the hill or mountain to cross over to the town. The only solution is to move the jaw open and close or better use the gum to chew and that will help you stop your ears close up when that happen. I don't know if that work for you but it work for me. If you have that problem with a headcold. Talk with your doctor about it and why it make you more deafer than you normally hear.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I think it is due to closing up in your ear canals when you have a headcold or when you are going up the hill or over the mountain and you can not hear anything at all. Later like in a day or week you began to hear again better. It happen to me few times when I had to go over the hill or mountain to cross over to the town. The only solution is to move the jaw open and close or better use the gum to chew and that will help you stop your ears close up when that happen. I don't know if that work for you but it work for me. If you have that problem with a headcold. Talk with your doctor about it and why it make you more deafer than you normally hear.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

thanks for the reply but it really does get better. Just today after having the flu for a week my hearing has clicked back on. The difference is unbelievable whilst normaly I could not hear the TV unless it was turned up over 46 I can now hear it perfectly on 26. I did ask my hearing aid man but I really don't think he believed me. Anyone know where I could write to get some understanding of this ?

:welcome: back to AllDeaf after nearly two years of absence. Where have you been hiding from us. I am glad that you had some hearing probably mild hearing loss. The hearing aid man (audiologist) should be able to help you with the kind of problem you were not sure. We did have one ADer who goes through the same thing but have difficult not understanding or could not hear very well, even though she or he is hearing. You might be just like this person. I forgot what the terminology for the diagnosis. Bott seem to know a lot about the hearing and deafness problems than we do when it come to different terms of our hearing loss or illness. I hope Bott will come on and try to explain about your condition. I think the best bet would be to talk with your doctor about your condition. Give it a try. Good luck. I hope you can stay and post with us. :wave:

:welcome: back to AllDeaf after nearly two years of absence. Where have you been hiding from us. QUOTE]

so my other posts don't count :roll: Woke today to hear sounds I've not heard for years, in fact at times it gets too loud and annoying. Its not like a short term deafneff, I've suffered hearing loss for over 20 years due to operations for iner ear infections. Don't know how long it will last but I am booking an appointment for a hearing test so I can have proof of how much more I can hear.

Back