Hello

dianakampe

Reaction score
Hi I live in Alaska
Hello I live in anchorage. I am married and have four dogs. I lost my hearing almost completely a year ago. Hearing aids were never helpful I got bilateral cochlear implants but I hate to use them. I only wear the magnets for work but I only understand people by lip reading same as always. I speak Spanish and English but can't hear none. Lol
I like to run, work out. I love animals I am 48 years old. I hate cooking. I love to meet deaf friends where the phrases "forget it" and "never mind" "I already told you" don't exist.
I am vegetarian.
Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Last edited:
I noticed on your profile that you are from Anchorage, Alaska. Am I correct? So you are late deafened as you were not born deaf. How old did you lose your hearing? I don't know if that is a big city. If there were many Deaf people who sign ASL, then you can learn how to sign in the Deaf community or Deaf events. You have to go to the Deaf class to learn how to sign with a Deaf teacher. Start looking around in the phone dictionary and find a Alaska Association of the Deaf or Alaska Hearing Society (I don't know if there is one). You have to explain more of why you are interest in AllDeaf just because you are interest in d/deaf and hard of hearing people here after all those years of not being with d/Deaf people. Deaf people like me are blunt on any discussion here.

I do not fit with hearing people they don't understand why I can talk but I can't hear. I don't think they believe me. I want to make friends with people like me. I will look into the Alaska association for the deaf. Thanks

I do not fit with hearing people they don't understand why I can talk but I can't hear. I don't think they believe me. I want to make friends with people like me. I will look into the Alaska association for the deaf. Thanks

The correct title on the bold statement is Alaska Association of the Deaf. Just want to correct that. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. :wave:

Try including a little bit more about yourself in an introduction, you might get a little further in meeting people.... just a tip...

Back