Hello.

You would able to learn ASL much better if you stop leaning.

If by "leaning" your talking about my avatar, I can't fix it. I uploaded it from my iPad. On the I pad the pic looks normal, I don't know why it's sideways on my profile. :hmm:

Hey Becki - can you save this onto a computer and re-upload it as your avatar?

tuatara-albums-what-picture6304-avatar.gif

Also, would you like to skype sometime?

Hurleysrus,Yes, I'm using lifeprint, handspeak.com and I bought an App called Marlee signs for my IPad. It's by Marlee Matlin. I just wish that every county or city in the USA would offer free ASL classes. People have said to go to college and Learn ASL, but I cannot afford that since I have 2 daughters in college right now. And we did not get financial aid,we missed the financial aid cutoff by a couple thousand bucks. So I'm pretty broke at the moment. But if I could find a ASL class open to the public I would pay for ASL classes, I just can't afford to go pay college tuition for myself. Maybe I can in 4 years but not right now.

I know that battle, I became deaf end as an adult and my daughter is slowly losing hers. ASL classes aren't affordable for us. I have multiple petitions for ASL to be taught in school.... I mean they teach French and German, I think ASL is more benificial

Hey Becki - can you save this onto a computer and re-upload it as your avatar?

tuatara-albums-what-picture6304-avatar.gif

Also, would you like to skype sometime?

Thank you so much! When one of my kids get home with a laptop I will do this. Also I will have my kid install Skype. Thanks so much!

From one Southern girl to another, :welcome:

Thanks Femme Fatale:wave: I see your in Tampa. My husbands Aunt lives there. I have visited Florida one time. Unfortunately it was a disaster. We went to North Redington Beach in June 2012 and stayed at the Doubletree hotel. The day we landed was when tropical storm Debby came ashore. The Weather Channel stayed at our hotel and broadcasted from there. And of course the day we left was when tropical storm Debby's left. Like an Idiot,I still swam in the ocean,which wasn't difficult due to the fact that the ocean was coming right up to the bottom floor of the hotel! Also we drove to a McDonald's not far from the hotel and had to hide in the walk in cooler due to a tornado touchdown! Also we almost had to ditch our rental car on the way back to the hotel,because the water in the street was coming up way past the tires. But Flordia did seem beautiful on my last day there,and I hope to visit again one day. The sun did come out for 2 hours and I was the most sunburned I have ever been in my life. Someone at the hotel said I had windburn too. But I can't wait to visit Florida again,this time with no tropical storms!

Becki, I'll be at Deaf Night Out on Friday at JB's Pour House. We can talk then, if you like.

Thanks Femme Fatale:wave: I see your in Tampa. My husbands Aunt lives there. I have visited Florida one time. Unfortunately it was a disaster. We went to North Redington Beach in June 2012 and stayed at the Doubletree hotel. The day we landed was when tropical storm Debby came ashore. The Weather Channel stayed at our hotel and broadcasted from there. And of course the day we left was when tropical storm Debby's left. Like an Idiot,I still swam in the ocean,which wasn't difficult due to the fact that the ocean was coming right up to the bottom floor of the hotel! Also we drove to a McDonald's not far from the hotel and had to hide in the walk in cooler due to a tornado touchdown! Also we almost had to ditch our rental car on the way back to the hotel,because the water in the street was coming up way past the tires. But Flordia did seem beautiful on my last day there,and I hope to visit again one day. The sun did come out for 2 hours and I was the most sunburned I have ever been in my life. Someone at the hotel said I had windburn too. But I can't wait to visit Florida again,this time with no tropical storms!

That was a mean storm, as if we learned anything from Irene in 2011? Wasn't that area evacuated? The St Pete/Clearwater areas were under, crazy I know! Glad you made it out safely. :)

Back