Hello!

Julie S

Reaction score
Hi! I am an IPP student. I am here because I would really like to meet more people, deaf, HH, Interpreters, students. I love my studies, I love ASL and while I am learning so much, there are just some things books can't teach you and show you. I want to meet more people in the community and experience life. Have a beautiful day:)

I just read the post about questions and students wanting answers for their homework. Eek!!!! Not cool! I just want to make it clear that even though I stated that I am a student, I am not here for that. My goals are to get to know people and be involved in discussions about life and the world. Thank you for welcoming me to the site!

Last edited:
:wave: Hi Julie! I am not a student, but looking to learn still! I'm hearing and know very basic ASL. It may be weird to ask, but can you teach me some signs sometime? My hearing friend sometimes will tell me about his work day in ASL but I am not good at signing back. I would be so grateful! I feel like I can't make any D/HoH friends if I don't know any of their language aside from very basic. I am slow at reading fingerspelling but a quick learner! :ty:

I went to college to learn, at the community college it only costs like $150 and you earn 2 credits for ASL I, I have bought books at the book stores as well as on Amazon..... I dont know any deaf people yet but hope to meet some new friends so I can learn better as well, One way I have found to learn and is much more enjoyable is through Youtube...especially the music ASL videos, Here are a few that I really like

Tulsa Pt. 1 - Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling - ASL (Live) - YouTube

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know ASL PSE - YouTube

Adele - Someone Like You ASL PSE - YouTube

http://youtu.be/YWpjw54wrWU

Hi Julie,
Belated Welcome to AD Forum. Glad you join.
I am Deaf from Houston, TX. Have fun learning ASL.
You will be glad you did. Keep in touch.

I haven't figured out how to post a reply to peoples post yet. Grrr! Alison, I can help you, the best way though is to start learning, ask questions and throw yourself in there. I am in Colorado, but we could Skype or something. Sonocativo, I love watching music in ASL, I am a musician who LOVES ASL. I think many of the videos are beautiful! In fact, I was so happy to learn that I have a name sign. My ASL teacher gave it to me a year ago and I just found out about it. It is the sign, music, but with a J. The ASL classes here are 5 credit hours per semester and almost 5 hours a week. I like that. Cool Mikey, thank you! I intend to learn as much as I can for as long as I can. I made it to ASL 5 when I was in high school....many....MANY years ago. I felt like I should start over again. So, I am in ASL 3 currently. For ASL 1 through 5 I had a hearing teachers. This time, all my teachers are deaf. I am so thankful I have gotten to experience both methods of teaching. However, I feel like I have learned so much more and gotten a better education with deaf teachers.

I haven't figured out how to post a reply to peoples post yet. Grrr! Alison, I can help you, the best way though is to start learning, ask questions and throw yourself in there. I am in Colorado, but we could Skype or something. Sonocativo, I love watching music in ASL, I am a musician who LOVES ASL. I think many of the videos are beautiful! In fact, I was so happy to learn that I have a name sign. My ASL teacher gave it to me a year ago and I just found out about it. It is the sign, music, but with a J. The ASL classes here are 5 credit hours per semester and almost 5 hours a week. I like that. Cool Mikey, thank you! I intend to learn as much as I can for as long as I can. I made it to ASL 5 when I was in high school....many....MANY years ago. I felt like I should start over again. So, I am in ASL 3 currently. For ASL 1 through 5 I had a hearing teachers. This time, all my teachers are deaf. I am so thankful I have gotten to experience both methods of teaching. However, I feel like I have learned so much more and gotten a better education with deaf teachers.

Julie, if you are refering to how I just did this, you just select the "Quote" box to the lower right of the post for that person and it will give you the response you want to quote, then you type below that and send as usual. You can also delete some of the quote if you only want to respond to a specific part.

Hi Julie,
You are Welcome. Have Fun Learning and Improving your ASL
Skills. Good Luck. By the way, Curious what ” IPP Student” means?
Have a Nice and Pleasant week. Smiles.

Hi Julie,
You are Welcome. Have Fun Learning and Improving your ASL
Skills. Good Luck. By the way, Curious what ” IPP Student” means?
Have a Nice and Pleasant week. Smiles.

IPP means Interpreter Prep Program. I have never done as much reading and looking up definitions of words in my entire life as I am doing in this program! Other people think that you just learn a few signs and that's all. Not true! But, even with all the work, I love it!

Hi Julie,
Thanks for clarifying the meaning of IPP.
Wonderful that you are preparing to be an Interpreter. Best Wishes and Good luck.
Have a pleasant Day/Week.
Take Care.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back