Hello! :)

daniellekc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Danielle and I'm from Oregon. I have been seeing my doctor (who is HOH) since I was two years old and she has really inspired me to learn more about deaf culture. I'm also interested in going to college for speech language pathology. I'm a beginner at ASL and would love if someone would be willing to work with me on it, and I'd love to chat with deaf, HOH, or hearing people who would be interested in helping me learn more about deaf culture! Thanks everyone so much :)

Hello Danielle. Welcome to AD. Since you are from Oregon, pretty sure you'd find resources and
Friends to chat with and practice your ASL and bet you doing so you will immerse in Deaf culture
with time and you will be glad you did. Goodluck. Cheers.

Hi everyone, my name is Danielle and I'm from Oregon. I have been seeing my doctor (who is HOH) since I was two years old and she has really inspired me to learn more about deaf culture. I'm also interested in going to college for speech language pathology. I'm a beginner at ASL and would love if someone would be willing to work with me on it, and I'd love to chat with deaf, HOH, or hearing people who would be interested in helping me learn more about deaf culture! Thanks everyone so much :)

Hello Danielle, welcome to the AllDeaf forum! :wave::welcome:

That's great that the doctor of yours inspired you to learn more about the Deaf Culture. This is because many doctors are ignorant of Deafness, the Deaf Culture, and ASL.

I'd love to help you master the beautiful language of ASL.

It is also ironic when speech pathologists want to learn ASL. I say this because most speech pathologists opt for deaf children/adults to use more of their voice than their hands.

I also have suggestions for finding resources on expanding your knowledge of the Deaf Culture.

Hello Danielle, welcome to the AllDeaf forum! :wave::welcome:

That's great that the doctor of yours inspired you to learn more about the Deaf Culture. This is because many doctors are ignorant of Deafness, the Deaf Culture, and ASL.

I'd love to help you master the beautiful language of ASL.

It is also ironic when speech pathologists want to learn ASL. I say this because most speech pathologists opt for deaf children/adults to use more of their voice than their hands.

I also have suggestions for finding resources on expanding your knowledge of the Deaf Culture.

Thank you very much! I'd love that! Do you have Skype? How would you help me with ASL?

Back