Hello! ~ Kelsie Here!

Kelsie

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Kelsie and I was born deaf, along with my brother! I've always been deaf so that's pretty much my story about that. My Dad is Deaf as well and my mom and he met in College, which I think is personally pretty cute! I just really don't have that many close deaf friends in College and I really miss my family so I figured that I would try this site out! I really hope I can make some good friends here!

Kelsie!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad that you came here and we will keep you company. We will have lots of discussions or debates. Just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I just really don't have that many close deaf friends in College and I really miss my family so I figured that I would try this site out!
Welcome! Are you at a mainstream college? Maybe a good idea might be to transfer to NTID or Gally or CSUN. I know social stuff can be a big determinant as to whether or not a college experiance is a good one.

Hey Welcome to AD! Are you at a 2- or 4-year school? I agree with the post above mine for 4-years. If you're in southern california at a 2-year school, I can help you out I attend community college with many deaf students. It is wonderful!

Anyway welcome!

Hi! sorry for not posting earlier, I was writing a paper for college!

deafdyke and Kirandia, I go to a main stream college and it is for four years...My family has gone there forever and I don't think they would like it if i transfered... But, there is a small collection of people who are deaf, or HOH, as well. But, thanks for the info!

My family has gone there forever and I don't think they would like it if i transfered... But, there is a small collection of people who are deaf, or HOH, as well.
Oh still...... what about local or regional resources? Sometimes having not a lot of day to day contact with the deaf community can be not too bad, if there are local/regional resources. Maybe you could go to Gally or NTID for grad school.

That would be really cool, I would like to get more in touch with the deaf community more than I am at the moment, there just isn't a lot of oppurtunity where I live... But, I would absolutely love to go there for Grad School!

Back