Hello, I'm new!

dm08

Reaction score
Hi.

I am a teacher at a special school for deaf children in the UK. I am doing a TOD course at a university. I am undertaking an assignment on the job opportunities for deaf people.

I am interested to know about deaf people's experiences in seeking work, job satisfaction, any problems in the work place, and support (interpreters, equipment). I would like to know whether you have had the right type of preparation and guidance from school and college for the world of work.

Although I am concentrating on deaf people in the UK, I would welcome comments from deaf people from different countries.

Just feel free to contact me.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. Just don't make your classroom all oral only, because they won't be able to graduate with good grades if they don't understand oral only. Use BSL plus spoken English if the student can speak or not. Good luck. See you around. :wave:

Hello and :welcome: to AD! Just go through the many threads that interests you and you will find lots of perspectives. :)

Back