Hello I am new to this

madkitten

Reaction score
HI my name is Sue I have joined this forum to meet with people who understand how I am feeling .I have Menieres Disease >I have been getting attacks for over a year now with periods of not being able to hear. But now I have lost most of my hearing I have not had a good day in months. I have been given a hearing aid and at first I was getting the hang of it even making phone calls. Then this last week something else has happened to my hearing even with my hearing aid everything sounds like I am the bottom of a swimming pool and every one else is above the water .Its a struggle to understand anything.
I feel isolated… every one is having conversations around me .They do I know get fed up repeating them selves, they try not to show it but you can read it in their faces. Some times they laugh at me because I have not understood .I miss music .TV subtitles are most of the time rubbish .I have a family I love but sometimes I think I would be better on my own .

Last edited:
Hi madKitten.. Welcome to AD. This is a wonderful place to hang out with members who are made up of deaf, HOH, late-deafened , and so on with many different views on life and deaf culture.

I have Meniere's disease for 3 yrs like you have. I know how you feel as it is so frustrating for me too. One day I can hear then next day I can't hear at all ? It's really annoying. I am going for CI as I have progessive hearing loss.

I hope you will find this forum enjoyable. So happy posting away!!! :)

Hi madKitten.. Welcome to AD. This is a wonderful place to hang out with members who are made up of deaf, HOH, late-deafened , and so on with many different views on life and deaf culture.

I have Meniere's disease for 3 yrs like you have. I know how you feel as it is so frustrating for me too. One day I can hear then next day I can't hear at all ? It's really annoying. I am going for CI as I have progessive hearing loss.

I hope you will find this forum enjoyable. So happy posting away!!! :)

How long have you had MD for do you have an hearing aid ??

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! So sorry for the kind of days you've been going through, although, I'm sure better days will come by soon. Just hang in there no matter how difficult the struggle may be...you're never alone. At least by being here in AD, it may be able to give you that extra encouragement you may really need or a boost to your confidence, etc., anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD as well! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf madkitten! I hope you will enjoy yourself on this forum. You will meet and chat with so many wonderful members on AD. So, have fun posting, and welcome aboard!

I am glad i have found this forum Some one to talk to who dont talk to me like i am stupid

Back