hello from NorCal

deafangel1080

Reaction score
hello everyone..
my name is Julia. i'm 32. i'm an artist. i'm born and raised in northern California. i'm new here and want to meet everyone. Want to learn more about deaf culture and be involve with deaf community. I don't know who I am deaf or hoh? i'm the only one born deaf/hoh in the family and my first language baby asl then i hardly use signing because i grew up quiet in hearing world but now i feel i belong in a deaf community. i'm learning more asl everyday. deaf or hoh? my hearing loss about 75db and i wear bone conduction hearing aid. thank you :)

hello everyone..
my name is Julia. i'm 32. i'm an artist. i'm born and raised in northern California. i'm new here and want to meet everyone. Want to learn more about deaf culture and be involve with deaf community. I don't know who I am deaf or hoh? i'm the only one born deaf/hoh in the family and my first language baby asl then i hardly use signing because i grew up quiet in hearing world but now i feel i belong in a deaf community. i'm learning more asl everyday. deaf or hoh? my hearing loss about 75db and i wear bone conduction hearing aid. thank you :)

Just say "deaf" and ya got all bases covered...:D .....and welcome to the site even tho its a sometime moronic paradise, :lol: J/K, no hate mail please! :lol:

Oh, and btw, I'm from the south of you....Riverside, a city without a river nor a side, lol

Welcome to Alldeaf. Just call yourself deaf, it's that simple. :) I have 90db without hearing aids, 45-50db with hearing aids.

I'm a native Californian, North California most of my young years.

I want to move to Cali so bad... one day... ooooone day....

And yes, deaf covers it all. =P

Tampa Bay is nice and everything, but since I went to San Francisco one year... I just haven't been able to get it out of my mind! I loved it there so much. <3

Wirelessly posted

hello again.. thank you for advice. i wasn't sure myself and confuse anyone what i am deaf or hoh. but now i do. thank you. all my life i have no problem being deaf. i am proud for who i am. nice to meet you all. :)

I lived Northern California , in Whitethorn, Humboldt County and loved it . It was beautiful up there , this was in the 70's. Hi!

Back