Hello from KY

gidget6kids

Reaction score
Hello guys...I'm thrilled to find this site!

My name is Brandi and I have been married to my husband for 19 yrs.

We have 6 children (3 born under the heart and 3 born in the heart).

Our oldest dd, Bug, is 17. She works part time, wants to be an FMD teacher, is fluent in sign language, and will start MSU as a sophomore in January 2013.

Next dd is Peach, she is 15. She is tall! Loves animals of all kinds and wants to be a Vet, Marine Biologist, or something else that has to do with animals. She has also decided she wants to live in Montana :/.

Then we have Gigi, she is 12. She was adopted from the foster care system at the age of 6. She.....is.....difficult. She has RAD, PTSD, ADD, Anxiety disorder, depression and FAS. She wants to have super long hair and to be a pop star.

Next is Boo, 12, he is my last biological child. He struggled with some autistic tendencies as a baby/toddler, but due to some dietary changes and choices, you would never know. He wants to be a snake wrangler and he wants to live in the back yard. He has recently gotten 1 hair in his armpit, so he is thrilled.

Then there is Catfish, 9, he was adopted at the age of 2 from the foster care system. He and Gigi are 1/2 biological brother and sister. He has severe learning disabilities and would be classified as MMD. He has PTSD, RAD, ADD, Anxiety disorder, FAS, and depression. He has a heart of gold and wants to continually protect me from the bad guys. He wants to be in the army and live at home....forever.

Last, there is Little Man. He is 7. He was adopted at the age of 4 from Ethiopia and brought home to America when he was 5 1/2 (long adoption, long story). He is delicious. Just simply delicious. He recently ran into a pole because he had to "blink" and received a 4 cm, to the skull, gash on his forehead. While dealing with that, he told me (on his birthday) that "I no hear out of this ear. I no hear ever out of this ear." Shock. We have done 2 hearing tests on him and his left is "within normal limits" while his right ear "has no measurable hearing". The testing went to 120 dB and there was nothing...Audiologists is recommending CROS or BAHA hearing aids.

I have my Master's in Arts, marriage and family counseling. I also home school all my kids. We have 1 horse, 20 cats, 3 dogs, and a lizard that is loose in the house.

We are active in church and on any good day, I have pink hair. Like hot pink. I love it!

it is pretty good news nice

welcome to alldeaf

Nope.....they are all being bottle fed and living on my patio. Homes for most as soon as they are weaned.

WHOOO WEEEE! You is a busy woman! LOL Howdy! WELCOME! You live anywhere near Morehead Kentucky?

welcome to AD! we have someone who's now trialing a CROS hearing aid so U might see Jackie lurking through

Land between the lakes area? We been through there a couple of times when we took trips out west to AZ and TX. You would be a fair piece from Morehead then. LOL

Back