Hello From Asheville, NC

Isoldec

Reaction score
Hi all. My name's Isolde. I live in Asheville, NC and have been browsing the forums for a little while now. Lots of great info on here. I will be finishing up the second part of a beginning level continuing ed ASL class tomorrow night at the local community college. Unfortunately they don't offer an intermediate course or anything, so I'm kind of stuck as to what to do next.

Currently, I'm working part time as a K-Mart sales associate, and will hopefully soon be working part time as a reserve officer with our local Sheriff's office. I hope to get to know all of you, and learn lots.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Hoping that you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I wanted to take ASL as a college class during my last year of college, but it was canceled, I guess because there wasn't enough interest in the class. I was trying to decide what kind of continuing ed language to take earlier this year, and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to take the ASL classes. I'm very happy I did.

Plus, with my career aspirations being in law enforcement, I think it would be a great language to know when I'm out in the field.

I believe there is, or was, someone else around here who is/was in police work fluent in ASL.

I wanted to take ASL as a college class during my last year of college, but it was canceled, I guess because there wasn't enough interest in the class. I was trying to decide what kind of continuing ed language to take earlier this year, and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to take the ASL classes. I'm very happy I did.

Plus, with my career aspirations being in law enforcement, I think it would be a great language to know when I'm out in the field.

... I was in Asheville, NC last year! :o

Welcome to AD!

Back