Hello from Arizona

pandaundercover

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Nichole and recently just turned 25 years old. I've had a gradually progressing sensori-neural hearing loss since I was a kid (cause unknown). One ear is profound, the other is severe, and I'm now going through the process to get the cochlear implant. (Currently have my CAT/MRI follow-ups this friday, to review the results).

Other than that, I'm married, and my husband is in the Air Force. I'm pretty much a stay at home wife, although I am taking online courses to complete my Bachelor's within 2 years.

Not sure what else to say... haha.. I joined this so I could gain some feedback from those of you that have cochlears, so I'll be posting around this site for a while. :)

Welcome, Nichole. I have the same kind of hearing loss, one ear is worse than the other. I'm pretty much new here too, but good to see another young person! :)

Hey Nicole...welcome to AD...:wave:

Loving your user name...thats cool...

Hope to see you around....

Welcome Nichole. I am also relatively new and have my CI active about one month now. I have the Cochlear Nucleus5 and still getting used to it. Have HA on left side and slowly the two are coming together. In the sound booth I'm doing great but in the real world it will take some time yet. Hearing things I've not heard for years like my shoes squeak! :) My audiologist is with the Arizona hearing and Balance center. I'm quite happy with them. I am one that went deaf over a long period of time and have worn HA for over 50 years. I'm sure all will go well with you and there is a world of information on this site. A great group of people.

Welcome Nichole. I am also relatively new and have my CI active about one month now. I have the Cochlear Nucleus5 and still getting used to it. Have HA on left side and slowly the two are coming together. In the sound booth I'm doing great but in the real world it will take some time yet. Hearing things I've not heard for years like my shoes squeak! :) My audiologist is with the Arizona hearing and Balance center. I'm quite happy with them. I am one that went deaf over a long period of time and have worn HA for over 50 years. I'm sure all will go well with you and there is a world of information on this site. A great group of people.

Hey! That's great... may I ask why you chose the Nucleus 5?? And did someone in AZ implant your cochlear?

Hey Nicole...welcome to AD...:wave:

Loving your user name...thats cool...

Hope to see you around....

yes, it is cool. lol. Just to clarify what it means, panda is simply my favorite animal (in the universe) and undercover is for FBI (doing an undercover investigation), which was my dream job when I was a kid. haha. :)

Hey! That's great... may I ask why you chose the Nucleus 5?? And did someone in AZ implant your cochlear?
For me I felt it was the best for many reasons. Yes in Phoenix. a Dr. Fucci. I am very happy with it all. Outstanding as far as I'm concerned but I'm sure you can find others that feel different.

yes, it is cool. lol. Just to clarify what it means, panda is simply my favorite animal (in the universe) and undercover is for FBI (doing an undercover investigation), which was my dream job when I was a kid. haha. :)

:giggle: pandas are my fave animal too

Maybe I could be a panda firefighter (that's what I wanted to be when I was young)....:hmm:

A former Arizonan here...:welcome: to AD!

Back