Hello from a cruise ship!

Nanelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's great to join the site. I'm a hearing person living in Caledonia Ontario (just outside Hamilton) and I am really trying to find resources nearby to learn ASL. I have learned a bit on my own but want to learn a lot more. Can you recommend any classes or instructors in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)? I work on a cruise ship and am only home for a couple months here and there between contracts, so a college or CHS course isn't always an option :) I am willing to purchase a program to learn offline if anyone knows of a good one! Thanks!!

Hi!
I'm at George Brown studying, we use (for the first part of the ASL continuing education) is a textbook with DVD called "Signing Naturally", maybe have a look at that. You can get them used trough Amazon.

wow lots of canadians lately:) I'm from ontario but ottawa! I am self teaching myself ASL but it's hard because I think in SEE instead of ASL gotta work on the whole grammar thing

wow lots of canadians lately:) I'm from ontario but ottawa! I am self teaching myself ASL but it's hard because I think in SEE instead of ASL gotta work on the whole grammar thing

Yeah, same here with Auslan, easy enough to learn signs but not so easy to get them in the right order! :hmm:

Back