Hello folks

First of all, try not to think of it as a curse!! The deaf people and thier culture both can be amazing and wonderful, it may be hard to get use to but it is mans nature not to accept change. You will find that some also do not accept deafness with aploze, and others would never give up being deaf for anything in the world because of the appreciation for the deaf culture and some of the wondful people. It is like getting amnesia and remembering everything about yourself except you remember one of two languages and its not your primary one, so now you have to make the best of it to be happy or sad and hope others in your life will change with you. I think you are taking a step in the right direction by coming to All Deaf, because you will find great people here but remember that it is not a curse if you can't hear your boss yelling and whining when you didn't bow as you approach him/her, it is only change and you have a heads up if you already know deaf people. I don't think you meant to insult anyone who accepts their deafness when you call it a curse, but understand that some may not give a warm wecome if you call it that too many times, I think they would like to help, live happy and keep your head up.

I think we like derekdg already. Who are you? :io:

:P
I think we like derekdg already. Who are you?* :io:
I didn't say we didn't like derekdg already, he said he was feeling sorry for himself, so I thought it might help to stop thinking of it as a curse and look forward to chatting with wonderful people.:P I felt as if I was saying something friendly not a criticism, but if you really want to know who I am I am a friendly person how about you?

:PI didn't say we didn't like derekdg already, he said he was feeling sorry for himself, so I thought it might help to stop thinking of it as a curse and look forward to chatting with wonderful people.:P I felt as if I was saying something friendly not a criticism, but if you really want to know who I am I am a friendly person how about you?

If you read this thread, you would already know that I am very important. :P

If you read this thread, you would already know that I am very important. :P
:wave:Congradulations on being important, I still don't know if you are a friendly person, I would like to know if we should continue chatting, or if you are angry at me for some unknown reason because maybe you misunderstand me, if so then I will be on my way but I would like to be friendly to all. Please have a great day.::ty::ty::ty::P:):)

Top of the day to you Mr. DG, I hope you may come participate in more of our lively discussions!

:wave:Congradulations on being important, I still don't know if you are a friendly person, I would like to know if we should continue chatting, or if you are angry at me for some unknown reason because maybe you misunderstand me, if so then I will be on my way but I would like to be friendly to all. Please have a great day.::ty::ty::ty::P:):)

The same goes for you Art life! Hah, do not be anxious of Darth Botti, she is a kind lady. Most recent note of importance, she was promoted to chief fish researcher. I believe you two will get along like a house on fire on here. Now off ye be, post more for us to know you.

Top of the day to you Mr. DG, I hope you may come participate in more of our lively discussions!

The same goes for you Art life! Hah, do not be anxious of Darth Botti, she is a kind lady. Most recent note of importance, she was promoted to chief fish researcher. I believe you two will get along like a house on fire on here. Now off ye be, post more for us to know you.

Thank you Naisho. I seem to require lots of explanation to some people. :hmm:

( And I am such a kind and gentle person, really. )

First of all, try not to think of it as a curse!! The deaf people and thier culture both can be amazing and wonderful. I don't think you meant to insult anyone who accepts their deafness when you call it a curse, but understand that some may not give a warm wecome if you call it that too many times, I think they would like to help, live happy and keep your head up.

Although some of this did make me feel kind of like I was a zoo animal and he was the new zookeeper giving a tour.

I think the "deaf people" can tell others what we want them to know.

Although some of this did make me feel kind of like I was a zoo animal and he was the new zookeeper giving a tour.

I never said insult, I explain friendly!!* Y you have to make it insult, Y you have to dislike me so much, Y can't you be friendly too??* Y can't you see ther is more than one way to mean what is said?* So to all who read this* " I WAS SPEAKING IN A F R I E N D L Y MANNER, NO MATTER HOW OTHERS WANT TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD"* Thank you to those who will understand that!!

WOW!!* You sure are a friendly person!!* Goodbye

I never said insult, I explain friendly!!* Y you have to make it insult, Y you have to dislike me so much, Y can't you be friendly too??* Y can't you see ther is more than one way to mean what is said?* So to all who read this* " I WAS SPEAKING IN A F R I E N D L Y MANNER, NO MATTER HOW OTHERS WANT TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD"* Thank you to those who will understand that!!

WOW!!* You sure are a friendly person!!* Goodbye

:bye: :Ohno:

derekdg, :welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Art life, you are welcome as a member of AllDeaf and don't worry about Botts. This is her altitude and I have a lot of respect for her when she talk that way. She is really a kind and loving person when she want to be. Other time she does not care what everyone think of her. She is having fun right here just like you. See you around, too. :wave:

Back