Hello Everybody!

Vaughan

Reaction score
:wave:

Hey. My name is Vaughan. (I am a girl, despite the boy's name. It's a family thing, I'm named for my grandfather.)
I'm a hearing ASL Student. I just started about 3 months ago, and I intend to take two more classes before I go to college. (I'm taking these classes at a local community college.) I am learning ASL for three reasons, I guess. One is that I love learning languages and I really, really, believe in the importance of learning second/third languages in order to be able to interact and communicate with as many people world wide as possible. I've studied French for 5 years, and will be going on my 6th soon, so ASL will be my second foreign language. I used to read/understand some Swedish (I never spoke it) but I lost that after I came back to the US after spending a few months a small Swedish town with my dad while he was on a looooong business trip.

I intend to major in Linguistics, so that's the second reason I'm studying ASL.

And third, I have a few Deaf friends and one Deaf family member (my cousin, he was late deafened in the Vietnam war.)

I hope to learn a little on the forums, and have a good time chatting/learning. *waves nervously*

:wave: Don't be nervous. We will have fun with you. *smiles reassuringly* :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Yeah, Just try to get over your nervousness so that you can try to be comfortable getting to know us. We like to discuss and debate about deaf topics and other topics that are not related to deafness. Just have fun browsing and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back