Hello E1! I'm from Baltimore, MD.

Wittygal12

Reaction score
Let me say, this is really kewl to find this on website. I hope to meet new deaf/hod friends especially in the location of Maryland. I have attended Deaf happy hour in Baltimore once a while in the past since 2008. Are there any deaf events such as ASL dinners or Deaf Chat dinners besides the one in Panera Bread, in Columbia on Sat. every third week of the month.

Oh opps! I am a deaf lady with wonderful personality and great sense of humor. To answer some of you single guys thinking, "Is she single?" Yes, I am and have been single for a while. I wouldn't mind go out for a date once a while to just to enjoy what's out there for the entertainment life.

Hi there!! I am hearing and am fluent in ASL. Do you already know about the Deaf Coffee Chat at the Panera Bread in Glen Burnie on the 1st Sunday of the month? I also heard from someone that there is a "deaf club" in Baltimore at the CSSD. I am trying to get information about it. I can let you know what I find out. Anyways....nice to meet ya! :wave:

Hi Jewel40,

Yes, I have heard about the one in Glenburnie. Also there's another deaf chat in Panera bread, White Marsh, MD same area as IKEA. I haven't been there in a while. I forget when they get together but I believe it's the same 3rd week of the month as the one in Columbia. I could be wrong.

ASL dinners, I discovered they do have one but rarely located in Baltimore or in Columbia. Mostly in VA / D.C. I am trying to save $$ on transportation.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the info! :)

There's a Silent Lunch in the Food Court at Wheaton Mall in Silver Spring, MD every other Saturday. The next one is next week, March 3rd.

Thanks, Knofskia! Though what time do they start?

Also I was recently told that there's DINGO, this Saturday evening, off of Rolling road, Baltimore. Membership fee is $10.00 and another fee $ 10.00 for Bingo Game. Win Cash!

Let me say, this is really kewl to find this on website. I hope to meet new deaf/hod friends especially in the location of Maryland. I have attended Deaf happy hour in Baltimore once a while in the past since 2008. Are there any deaf events such as ASL dinners or Deaf Chat dinners besides the one in Panera Bread, in Columbia on Sat. every third week of the month.

Oh opps! I am a deaf lady with wonderful personality and great sense of humor. To answer some of you single guys thinking, "Is she single?" Yes, I am and have been single for a while. I wouldn't mind go out for a date once a while to just to enjoy what's out there for the entertainment life.

Hello Wittygal,

I've just registered with AllDeaf to accomplish the above goal.
I am still learning ASL as I hear and speak, but love the language and also the opportunity to be in some way part of the deaf community/culture. I had attended some deaf hour events awhile back, I believe in 2010 and 2011.
My deaf friend Geri who was running that gave me my sign name.

Anyway, if there is a way you could assist me in my endeavor to reach out, share, be a part of the deaf community, it would be greaty appreciated.

FYI : I am also part of a meetup group that meets monthly called Silent Suppers. The lady who runs it taught me my first ASL class.

Look forward to hearing back from you as I hope your are still using this forum site.

Take care.

Paul H. from Severn MD

Back