Hello All! I have some ?'s

cduskey

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Courtney. I live in Oregon and am a mother of two boys! My youngest son Evan is deaf. We didn't find this out until about a year ago. Anyhow, we currently have the option of giving him a cochlear implant. Any suggestions, comments, ideas. I am curious if there are any teenage boys out there who have had one for a while and would like to comment on how they like it. Does it affect your life at all? Does it affect your ability to play sports? My son is so active and that's his father's main concern. We are almost leaning towards not getting a cochlear implant for my son but want to view all pros/cons before we decide. Thanks everyone!!!

Courtney :)

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Enjoy browsing and posting! :)

Hello

Hope someone will help you more ... ok

Here I have seen CI's respones

Pro/con.

Pro

I see some kids to grow with CI and Seem they re very happy and easier than Adult begin with CI. :)

They re very enjoyable certainly heard the sounds. :):):)

Con

After put CI operation then its not work out!! :eek3:

One of my friend's girl has injury from player soccer and Her CI area on her head is pain so she has gone back test XRay and Possible Surgeny? :(

:welcome:

Are you deaf or hearing? Does your son have any residual hearing or is he profoundly deaf? Have him checked by an audiologist and find out before you decide whether hearing aids or C.I. will help or not. You might also want to explore the possibility of learning sign language along with your son which will help greatly, in my opinion. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
And welcome to the All Deaf forum!!

i say let your son decide for himself, it is his life. im not deaf but i watched a video about those implants and heard from both the deaf and hearing side about the aid and a little girl who had it said it didnt work all the time, they miss a couple words in the conversation

Back