Hearing weirdo, complete with service dog!

ShyBird

Reaction score
I've always been fascinated by ASL and Deaf culture, and am finally taking some basic ASL classes. I have a family history of otosclerosis leading to hearing loss, I already get bouts of tinnitus, so I figured I might as well take some preemptive action... Which leads me here I guess. I love writing (though I can never finish things) and reading actual books (which I finish too fast). I have ADD and severe Social Anxiety Disorder, and my service dog, Thor, helps mitigate the latter when he isn't napping.
So basically, I'm the one sitting at the table alone

Welcome!

Love the name Thor. My 1-year old kitten's name is Thor. He behaves every bit like the real Thor :) The only difference is that my Thor is an orangie, whereas the real Thor is some god in a cape.

Congratulations on learning ASL - it's never to early to start!

I've always been fascinated by ASL and Deaf culture, and am finally taking some basic ASL classes. I have a family history of otosclerosis leading to hearing loss, I already get bouts of tinnitus, so I figured I might as well take some preemptive action... Which leads me here I guess. I love writing (though I can never finish things) and reading actual books (which I finish too fast). I have ADD and severe Social Anxiety Disorder, and my service dog, Thor, helps mitigate the latter when he isn't napping.
So basically, I'm the one sitting at the table alone

I hear you! - bad pun intended - I too am a weirdo, so I though I'd contact you. I'm just starting to learn sign language. If you are interested let me know. Also - feel free to send me a SKYPE message. You can search for Angelo Michel - or Angelo Michel Houma. I'm working all day on July 4, so I'll check my messages later today or tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you!

Angelo

Back