Hearing Test Anxiety

lolol sorry, I had to laugh - it is like passing or failing a blood test :giggle:

Good luck with your search for hearing aids.
I hope by now, you realize there is no such thing like failing at fitting for a hearing aid! :giggle:

Fuzzy

Yeah, it takes a lot for me to go to a doctor of any kind. It'll take me a bit to do a fitting because of my schedule. I don't know much about them, other than they are expensive, and a little bit about what the different types do. Clueless on what brands are good, lifecycle, best bang for the buck. Seems like they can do a lot of things with sound now, but they all call the features something else. It'll be easier after the followup and Im going to talk to someone at the DHHS. I don't trust doctors to go over all the brand options or be competitive on price.

Most of you know that I have a new CI. My audiologist is totally lost on what to do about my hearing tests. My tinnitus is so bad that it drowns out all the beeps that I am suppose to hear. My last appointment I could not distinguish between the beeps and the "fireworks" sounds that I hear. Also if I know the beeps are coming, my brain starts hearing then before she even has started. Anyone else have this happen?

Most of you know that I have a new CI. My audiologist is totally lost on what to do about my hearing tests. My tinnitus is so bad that it drowns out all the beeps that I am suppose to hear. My last appointment I could not distinguish between the beeps and the "fireworks" sounds that I hear. Also if I know the beeps are coming, my brain starts hearing then before she even has started. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes. After hearing loud beeps while hooked up to the audiologist's computer, my head starts echoing it - too.

My experiment: It helps get rid of my tinnitus if I turn the CI processor's volume down from normal to the ABSOLUTE mimimum--- so that it sounds like it's almost off. (For 20 minutes)

More cyborgs suffering from tinnitus should try this out.

EDIT: The CI processor on the minimum volume calms down the hearing nerves.

Back