Hearing parents accused Deaf parents for being deaf and not good enough?

We will never stop teach them about us. Oh well.

Last night, Ashley and VanI (my daughter's name) had a blast time and enjoy the time together as they played phrase 10, telling jokes, ABC sign language, visit my work, and ate a load of pizzas, and went bed with good memory. Today, VanI told me that Ashley called me Cool.

My mother told me that Ashely's father had been reading most of thread on alldeaf.com and TAG.com and never thought that deaf culture is similar as hearing culture. My mother told him that deaf culture is human being as hearing culture.

Geez, I can't believe that He is an atty for ADA but made judgment against Deaf culture. Geez!

MOM---:ty:and :bowdown:

:applause: to VanG and his mom!! I am happy Ashley and VanI had great fun. With the first time I read the thread I am SO disappointed about ADA attorney thinks deaf parents not good enough. Shocking and sad. But maybe Jillio is right - maybe he works against ADA as attorney? I hope.

Why would hearing parent think deaf parent not good enough? Why? He is a attorney so not too stupid, right? So awful. :(

Why should we have to teach an ADA lawyer - it is his JOB to learn about to us to ahem - help us stand against discrimination.

:applause: to VanG and his mom!! I am happy Ashley and VanI had great fun. With the first time I read the thread I am SO disappointed about ADA attorney thinks deaf parents not good enough. Shocking and sad. But maybe Jillio is right - maybe he works against ADA as attorney? I hope.

Why would hearing parent think deaf parent not good enough? Why? He is a attorney so not too stupid, right? So awful. :(

Your welcome.

Ashley told VanI that I am cool because I work with animals in different field. Made my daughter feel special.

Your welcome.

Ashley told VanI that I am cool because I work with animals in different field. Made my daughter feel special.

I hope you daughter knows your help of the dog with a cut tail. You care about animals and help abused animals - a great rolemodel for any child (hearing, HoH, deaf). I hope now the ADA attorney knows also.

I hope you daughter knows your help of the dog with a cut tail. You care about animals and help abused animals - a great rolemodel for any child (hearing, HoH, deaf). I hope now the ADA attorney knows also.

He learned about my job with court. He has my full support. VanI is very proud of me being working with animals and educated the people.

Smile and :ty:

It seems like another case of ignorance but what I can't believe is that an attorney for ADA would be ignorant of deaf culture. Maybe his case load consists of non deaf cases. :dunno:

Back