Hearing guy here, would really like to know how to meet a single deaf girl

Not require to take sign language lesson. One day, your flight crashed at near unknown Island. Only two people are alive. You and Deaf Woman on the Island. Both of couple will find way how to communication.

Sometime, I met hearing girls. She had no experience with deaf guy. We had wonderful good time. Just use paper and pen for communication.

Hang around, and you will see a variety of deaf groupies. :wave:

haha man i guess so hu? i do find being a deaf woman that hearing men seem to be sooo intreged by that they they forget there is more to me than being Deaf. They either are facinated by it or pitty me. hmmm well i guess id rather have groupies then pitty party following me around! lol:hmm:

I have seen that in some of my friends' relationship with their hearing significant others. I hate their significant other for that and I tell my friends not to expect me to be cordial to them. My hubby is hearing and if he dares to try to control me, I will raise hell.

:hmm: I agree with Shel andTheWriteAlex, when I first read the beginning post it did spark a warning flag. I am curious why he is so specificly wanting a deaf girl even though it seems he has had no exposure to the Deaf community? I am a hearie and as I grow more involved with the Deaf Culture and Interpreting, I have thought sure I would date a Deaf man. But I think this is different. I wonder what his intentions are..why he is so interested? Maybe it is innocent fascination but he should come explain more... :hmm:

I am hearing impaired but what is it about a deaf woman that hearing guys want? i am just curious is all
it is a lil wierd to me, because deaf or not we are all people but i am sure a hearing man could find many ways to take advantage of a deaf persons diability to benifit them, i am really concerned about this

first learn the sign language and meet the girl. try to respect her handicapped and don't treat her any different than your hearing world. don't leave her out of anything. try to blend in hearing and deaf world but not into one world. you both need to shared two world. it's was hard for us but we made it thru and stay together. i am hearing impaired and my husband and i have been married for 24 yrs. he's is hearing too.

does he see beauty in this?

I see beauty in 1958 Chevy Apache trucks. I used to seek them out and buy them but now I resist. But I still love to look at them and run my hands over the perfect curves. No one questions this. They may smile at it. If you see beauty in a particular style of woman is it any different? I puzzle over this idea too but understand how the mind is, it wants what it wants. If it were a fuller picture I would understand better like a deaf red haired women with large firm curves beautifully shaped feet and hands with an upturned nose, light freckles and bright blues with long lashes a beautiful to see smile and laugh with a mind quicker than most, or a petite slender deaf woman with black hair and small delicate upturned breasts, brown eyes and a tranquil way of looking at the world. A fuller picture is probably in there in his mind just a briefer version for us: deaf girl.

Back