hearing girl learning ASL

babycullen8

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Shelby. I've loved ASL my whole life but have never had the chance to learn (was never presented as an opportunity/wasn't educated enough to seek out classes on my own) and lately I've taken it upon myself to learn what I can on my own before my ASL classes start in the fall, as I'm seriously considering pursuing a career as an interpreter. Now that's all well and good, but I don't actually know anyone who is deaf or hoh or anyone who might know ASL. I very much so want to learn properly, and I would greatly appreciate having someone who knows the language fluently help me along right now and outside of classes when they begin in the fall. so I'm looking for anyone who's willing to be my Skype buddy (or even real life friend) and teach me about your culture and your language. I must ask that no one post a negative or mean response, as I've come here with the purest intentions. I want to be here.

babycullen8 said:
Hello everyone my name is Shelby. I've loved ASL my whole life but have never had the chance to learn (was never presented as an opportunity/wasn't educated enough to seek out classes on my own) and lately I've taken it upon myself to learn what I can on my own before my ASL classes start in the fall, as I'm seriously considering pursuing a career as an interpreter. Now that's all well and good, but I don't actually know anyone who is deaf or hoh or anyone who might know ASL. I very much so want to learn properly, and I would greatly appreciate having someone who knows the language fluently help me along right now and outside of classes when they begin in the fall. so I'm looking for anyone who's willing to be my Skype buddy (or even real life friend) and teach me about your culture and your language. I must ask that no one post a negative or mean response, as I've come here with the purest intentions. I want to be here.

howdy Shelby and I will be happy to help you. my name is Jeff.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Hi Shelby! I am looking for people to help me further my learning in ASL. I currently am having issues with my Skype. I think it doesn't recognize my webcam. I donno. Grr.. But when I do get it working. Maybe I could practice with you

Hello babycullen8,

Sign Online

ASL Pro

Life Prints

Sign of Savvy Day

I advise to you. I , I encourage to you. I experience to effort to people I am help to effort to people I want to people beginning to learning, I can assistant question, do you have learn how role! I encourage to people link! I would be busy!! lots of people ASL!

Last edited:
Hi Shelby! I am looking for people to help me further my learning in ASL. I currently am having issues with my Skype. I think it doesn't recognize my webcam. I donno. Grr.. But when I do get it working. Maybe I could practice with you

That sounds great! Just let me know when Skype is working for you again:)

Hello babycullen8,

Sign Online

ASL Pro

Life Prints

Sign of Savvy Day

I advise to you. I , I encourage to you. I experience to effort to people I am help to effort to people I want to people begining to learning, I can assistant question, do you have learn how role! add me skype smithtr! moving to asl I am aware it on lots of encourage to people link! I would be busy!! lots of people ASL!

Thanks for the links! I'm on the last two but I did not have the first two so thank you!

Back