Hearing aid tuning?

liquidgoggles

Reaction score
I recently became a hearing aid wearer and I have a question. I love these, they improve my quality of life a ton since I lost my hearing, but there is a small problem. The fine tuning is off in the left device. The best way I can describe it is that with any sound there is an accompanying sound that is like what you hear when it is very windy. Like a kind of rumbling sound, almost like what you would hear when listening to music on a blown speaker I went in for an adjustment yesterday but it just seems worse now. Being so new to this I was having a hard time communicating to her what was wrong and what I wanted. She said that they can tune specific frequencies with these, but I was unsure what frequencies I am having a problem with. I thought it would be the low end so that is what I went with and we tinkered around with it but it didn't seem to help much.

Now this could very well just be my hearing in general fluctuating. This happens sometimes. So I may have to just wait it out until it levels out again and then go back. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should tell them to change

Back