Hearing Aid Quirks

Konijnen

Reaction score
With the storm moving in I have an ice-pick-stabbing-me-in-the-eye migraine. But that is not what is really bugging me. My hearing aid with it's snug fitting custom mold keeps popping out of my ear like a bb gun.
I poke it back in tight...
then POP! again.
It only acts like this occasionally when my head hurts.

Do your hearing aid's have any quirky or odd behaviors?

wow!!! something is not right!!! I have nothing like that other then the ability to wiggle ears to make earmolds squeal.

wow!!! something is not right!!! I have nothing like that other then the ability to wiggle ears to make earmolds squeal.
^^^
yeah, I would get new molds if they are literally popping out of your ears

LOL that's dumb!
(I only have those when the full colored earmolds give me an allergic reaction)

wanna know what is weird about one of my old hearing aids? my 1st hearing aid I had as a baby makes a static, crackling sound to let me know the batteries needs to be replaced.

When I had a cold or my ears were plugged up my HA's fit differently. They would slide out, not pop, so they were not fully inserted. We tried changing the vent tube size and that helped a little but mostly I just had to wait for the cold to go away and then they would fit right again. So happy not to have to worry about that any longer with my CI's!

One annoying item I have noticed about ear molds is that you basically have 2 choices:

1. Hard, it lasts forever but sound is not that great and you have feedback issues
2. Soft, you have to replace the tubing every 6 months but the sound is great and no feedback.

Obviously I went with #2 and I just buy new tubes on ebay every 2 years or so and it's just a fact of life.

It's different if you get RIC. I have the soft molds which although comfortable are a royal PIA trying to change the wax guards. I tend to just make a visit with the audi and let them do it. When I'm ready to buy again, I'm getting the hard molds....much easier to maintain.

Laura

I find everytime I get new earmolds done, it's a nightmare to actually get them to fit. Next time, I'm getting hard earmolds.

Perks of hard earmolds is they last linger, they dint go yellow and glitter looks so much nicer in hard earmolds compared to soft earmolds where's you can hardly see the glitter.

I find everytime I get new earmolds done, it's a nightmare to actually get them to fit. Next time, I'm getting hard earmolds.

That was my experience breaking in the soft mold for the RIC when I first bought them. I've been wearing Hearing Aids all my life but you'd never know it to see me struggling to put them in and remove them. What a chore.....

^^^
yeah, I would get new molds if they are literally popping out of your ears

Most of the time they are just fine. Had the same thing happen at the audi once when they tried to do the tympanogram. They had to give up after a few attempts popped out.

That was my experience breaking in the soft mold for the RIC when I first bought them. I've been wearing Hearing Aids all my life but you'd never know it to see me struggling to put them in and remove them. What a chore.....

Oh I don't have any trouble putting them in or taking them out, it's the actual process of getting new earmolds made, they come back from the lab, not fitting. It's drives me totally insane getting new earmolds as the whole process takes about 5 months before I get earmolds that I'm some what happy with

That was happening to me as well. I am in high school and I cheerlead. We were at a competition and my hearing aid almost fell out! The mold was too big on my left side and I had to double stick tape it to my head for a couple of weeks until the new one came in :lol: I told my audiologist what was happening and they gave me a new one for free.

Back