hearing aid on wed.

classictruck

Reaction score
so it is official i get my hearing aid wed. for my right ear and im worried and nervous that i may not want to hear.

is this selfish to work to hard to get a hearing and and then be worried that maybe i just want to not hear. idk. im nervous and worried about sound. and how my life will change that i may be able to hear ..

stressful

danielle.

so it is official i get my hearing aid wed. for my right ear and im worried and nervous that i may not want to hear.

is this selfish to work to hard to get a hearing and and then be worried that maybe i just want to not hear. idk. im nervous and worried about sound. and how my life will change that i may be able to hear ..

stressful

danielle.

whats the worst that can happen?

Give it an honest try, at least a month. For the first week especially, keep a hearing journal reporting about how things sound to you, including conversation in different environments, running water, watching TV, etc.

Have you ever been able to hear? Is this a recent loss or a long-term thing?

It might take some adjustment, but it does not have to be - and should not be - painful or stressful. Just take it easy, start with a low volume, and gradually turn it up.

I bet you'll be amazed, in a good way.

good luck with your new hearing aid!
the better you get, the more you gain! Don't 4get to ask for a trial before going out with it.
plus I have a pretty cool hearing aid *see my avvie*

I agree with Posts From Hell.

If you find that "hearing" is not suited for you then put it back in the box and stick it on a shelf or whoever you liked. You only have to wear it if you want to. I wear 1 HA when shopping, 2 HA at work, and normally none at home unless video chat or plan to use the phone etc... I am also knew to hearing loss and being a "Hearing Person" growing up until I was 20 and now turning 26 I find sound to be a little overbearing even when I recognize and know what most sounds are. Can be tiresome. Just take it one day at a time and if you find wearing it for a couple hours in quite to adjust tell you can get out and listen comfortably no big deal. Just remember its going to be loud cause your used to quite/silence depending on your hearing loss!

Best of luck! *Hugs & Kisses*

Can you just do a trial without purchasing it? See if you like it at all?

I believe a 30 day trial is mandated. Some dealers/audis will give you 60, although that's rare. I think it's worth pressing to get at least 45 days free trial, because assuming you have to have some tweaks done to the programming, it might take that long to get it to where you know you're happy with it.

Back