Hearing Aid Body Jewerly?

cayisgreat

Reaction score
Crap. I JUST saw "Deaf technologies" etc after I posted this. Can someone move it? I'm SO not good at navigating forums.

I randomly happened upon this while on a body modification-hunt. What are your opinions? I think, for my generation, it has a chance of catching on, but I really don't know, I don't know any deaf/hoh people my age, or any age, for that matter.

It's not available yet, as far as I know.

Anyway, just something I thought I'd throw up. Sorry if someone's posted it before!

Deafinite Style: Not Your Father's Hearing Aid | Walyou

EDIT: I just wanted to let you guys know, I don't think regular hearing aids are "boring" or look "bad," or that anyone should be ashamed of them anything, this article just caught my attention.

That would only work for people with mild hearing loss with that little tube.

That would only work for people with mild hearing loss with that little tube.

Yeah, but still pretty cool huh? And anyway, they said you can add a plug for more power. I still have no idea how it would work, though, it'd need to be tested.

I think it is neat... alot of the young are going with those big hoops anyway. I wouldn't want it for myself... but i like the idea

wouldn't want that..i hate those big holes in pples ears..my gf has small ones and it looks really good but not the huge ones..not my style

wouldn't want that..i hate those big holes in pples ears..my gf has small ones and it looks really good but not the huge ones..not my style

I agree, I won't be getting one of these any time soon! Especially as I'd need one for each ear, it'd look awful! Young people might like one now, but are they still going to want a huge hole in their ear lobe at age 50!

Also, as previously posted, they wouldn't be suitable for anything other than mild loss anyway.

No, I don't think this will take off. But it is an interesting and creative idea. My only issue is that for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would wear those earrings. You see them on young people...but don't they realize that some day they may have a change of heart and think "Hey maybe this ain't such a hot look afterall..." and then they are just going to be left with some really gross mutilated deformed looking earlobes?

I've seen those, I myself have 00 gauged ears. Honestly, I don't think that they're all that good of an idea. I don't know if you have any gauges piercings or not but.... There's a certain, smell, associated with them. I don't think it would be very clean to have those in like that. Stinky stinky!

They look pretty cool. I wouldn't use them though, not because of the big hole in the ear. I want people to know I am deaf, especially when I meet a new person or group and the old fashioned hearing aid gives them a clue. Saves a lot of hassle, explaining after the fact they have been trying to get my attention for the last hour.

Ok Im planning on getting my tragus stretch as far as I can would these aids work in a tragus stretch

Im having surgery on my ears that means I wont be able to wear normal aids

I used to have gauged ears-not that big, but a 2, and now the hole looks just like the one that was never stretched. That looks really interesting, but a bit too much for me. I choose to have translucent blue for my BTEs, but I have been a bit frustrated that they are not very noticeable. Something like that-while noticeable-I doubt most people would even realize it is a HA.

Ok Im planning on getting my tragus stretch as far as I can would these aids work in a tragus stretch

Im having surgery on my ears that means I wont be able to wear normal aids

What is your ear surgery for?

I used to have gauged ears-not that big, but a 2, and now the hole looks just like the one that was never stretched. That looks really interesting, but a bit too much for me. I choose to have translucent blue for my BTEs, but I have been a bit frustrated that they are not very noticeable. Something like that-while noticeable-I doubt most people would even realize it is a HA.
I have a Phonak Naida III that is translucent blue also. :)

Back