Hearie that wants a VP.....

diehardbiker65 said:
Trust me, most installers are DEAF! don't expect them not knowing any sign language! They will know before you realize!

Ohhhhh... I didnt know they had Deafies do the installation, I thought it was just some regular cable guy, kinda like the guy that comes and installs your directv, or fixes your furnace or something. :lol:

tegumi said:
Ohhhhh... I didnt know they had Deafies do the installation, I thought it was just some regular cable guy, kinda like the guy that comes and installs your directv, or fixes your furnace or something. :lol:

Yes, I had deaf Sorenson installer come over and installed Sorenson VP for me.

dkf747 said:
I find, not only your "source" but also anything you say here to be suspect. The following two links do not appear to agree with what you say:

I'm sure a new, improved VP will be developed. You don't need a source to know that.

Hey diehardbiker65... It would be a good idea for you to question your realiable sources or whatever about this. :ugh:

dkf747 said:
I find, not only your "source" but also anything you say here to be suspect. The following two links do not appear to agree with what you say:

(LINKS removed)

I'm sure a new, improved VP will be developed. You don't need a source to know that.

Both links you quoted were from Sorenson themselves. Does D-Link have anything to say about it? Will they confirm that Sorenson is the company that "developed" the DVC-1000?

Dennis said:
Both links you quoted were from Sorenson themselves. Does D-Link have anything to say about it? Will they confirm that Sorenson is the company that "developed" the DVC-1000?

Will Sorenson lie if it publish in its website ? Why don't you call Dlink to inquire about this?

Dlink VP DVC-1000 CAN call ANY VRS! Does not matter which one. Sorenson VP-100 limits to only SorensonVRS. So, what your point of avoiding Dlink VP? I thought its better to have devices that gives you broader choices.

tegumi said:
NO, im not lost. I dont want to use VRS feature myself, but I want a VP that has VRS so if people come over to my house they can use it.

diehardbiker65 said:
Dlink VP DVC-1000 CAN call ANY VRS! Does not matter which one. Sorenson VP-100 limits to only SorensonVRS. So, what your point of avoiding Dlink VP? I thought its better to have devices that gives you broader choices.

All VRS are the same as they must follow the FCC regulations. So it does not matter to me. So what!! Only I choose Sorenson is its video quality and excellant features like MISSED CALLS and REDAIL. Dlink doe not have that.

I am not at liberty to break the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). So end of discuss. So, I will NOT disclose any confidential information!

The only thing I can say, Dlink OWNS 7 patents on parts inside the Videophone device, Sorenson owns only 3 patents in there. One of three patents have something to do with Sorenson's VRS system. Probably programming part. I am NOT quite sure.

Sorenson provided financial support for Dlink to manufacture the VP devices. Dlink has the manufacturing capacity while Sorenson don't have. Really, Dlink started the development, and eventually Sorenson got involved.

lovesorenson said:
Hey diehardbiker65... It would be a good idea for you to question your realiable sources or whatever about this. :ugh:

You don't get my point. CAN Sorenson VP-100 call CSDVRS, SprintVRS, IP-RealyVRS, etc? I am SURE that you KNOW the answer.

There are pros and cons between these two devices. I am not going to get into huge debate on this part, why? cause there WILL be better device in very near future. PLUS you CAN get both brands for FREE, so whats the deal? Crying over little thing?

lovesorenson said:
All VRS are the same as they must follow the FCC regulations. So it does not matter to me. So what!! Only I choose Sorenson is its video quality and excellant features like MISSED CALLS and REDAIL. Dlink doe not have that.

http://connect-utah.com/article.asp?r=250&iid=20&sid=1

Sorenson Media has developed three hardware chips. Most recently the SVX chip has been incorporated in Sorenson's VP-100 video conferencing unit. The VP-100 is a self-contained (no PC needed), inexpensive video conferencing product with a built-in camera. Only a television and a broadband Internet connection are required to use the product. D-link recently partnered with Sorenson on the VP-100 and is marketing it as the i2eye Broadband Videophone for under $300.

now will you guys stop debating over whoever make or develop the vp100. heh.

diehardbiker65 said:
I am not at liberty to break the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). So end of discuss. So, I will NOT disclose any confidential information!

The only thing I can say, Dlink OWNS 7 patents on parts inside the Videophone device, Sorenson owns only 3 patents in there. One of three patents have something to do with Sorenson's VRS system. Probably programming part. I am NOT quite sure.

Sorenson provided financial support for Dlink to manufacture the VP devices. Dlink has the manufacturing capacity while Sorenson don't have. Really, Dlink started the development, and eventually Sorenson got involved.
:werd: cuz i googled and found info.....

me->enuf talking.. :)

diehardbiker65 said:

You work for U.S. Patent and Trademark Office?

Sorenonwhore, See my replies:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=377136&postcount=16
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=377650&postcount=19

Damn, I just asked a simple question and it turns into a heated VP debate... :squint:

tegumi said:
Damn, I just asked a simple question and it turns into a heated VP debate... :squint:

Anybody would probably answers your good question. If you ask a stupid question, it impacts me a great question, or I may or may not provide you an answer...

mld4ds said:
Anybody would probably answers your good question. If you ask a stupid question, it impacts me a great question, or I may or may not provide you an answer...

How is asking whether or not a hearie with Deaf friends is eligible for a VP a stupid question?? :roll:

tegumi said:
How is asking whether or not a hearie with Deaf friends is eligible for a VP a stupid question?? :roll:

Haa..you got me. My theory is...

1. Any hearie may ask deaf friend a favor for staying at his/her place while a deaf installer comes over...
2. A student in interpreter training program probably fools any deaf installer that he/she of alumni of A.G. Bell Oral School is learning the sign language.
3. A wealth hearing parents of deaf child want to save money on long distance phone bill.
4. Hearing ex-con who released from the jail recently learned ASL Dictionary via the Internet fluents in ASL and easily fools anyone on business financical transcption via VRS.

AD and Deaf videophone installers:
care to commet your experiences or share story about hearie getting a free VP.

Dennis said:

Don't see anything on their site. After just taking a few looks around the net, it appears that Sorenson developed the video technology and D-link made the actual phone.

mld4ds said:

1. Any hearie may ask deaf friend a favor for staying at his/her place while a deaf installer comes over...
2. A student in interpreter training program probably fools any deaf installer that he/she of alumni of A.G. Bell Oral School is learning the sign language.
3. A wealth hearing parents of deaf child want to save money on long distance phone bill.
4. Hearing ex-con who released from the jail recently learned ASL Dictionary via the Internet fluents in ASL and easily fools anyone on business financical transcption via VRS.

Oh Bell School you must be from chicago is that right ?

mld4ds said:

You do have a very good point... because you know there are people out there that do that, especially since VP has audio, those hearies could get their hearing friends to get free VP's by doing the same...

But what about the small population of hearies like me that want to get a VP and use it truthfully? For talking with Deaf friends and NOT for cheating the system? Do you believe all hearing people WITH Deaf friends or relatives should be charged for a VP??

Back