Health Insurance Marketplaces will not be required...

Yes, the healthcare system in US is pathetic, however we do have some positive, such as better treatment for cancer patients and we have more cancer survivors.

Our care is pretty good. Especially for cancer patients as you point out. The Problem is that this care isn't affordable. It is a delicate balance.... Trying to figure out how to keep quality of care high while making it accessible.

It's extremely typical too!! That's why our uninsured rate is so high here in SC. Something I noticed at the clinic, we have to fill out doctor fee slips for every patient and we have to a make a note if what kind of ins they have, almost everyone has State. I've mentioned most if our patients are policemen firemen and teachers......they're like the only ones with insurance here, and they're state employees. For a little tiny while I was working for my husbands boss when we first moved here, and his bosses wife was an emergency room nurse and she was ranting and raving about how much insurance was through the hospital. It's baaaad here.

See, that is an example of a state that I think would benefit greatly from competing insurance companies in other states. I don't think creating exchanges in states with low participation will help lower rates. Especially if the state is on the hook for expenses down the road.

Yes, the healthcare system in US is pathetic, however we do have some positive, such as better treatment for cancer patients and we have more cancer survivors.

The health care system and the health insurance systems are two different things. Health Insurance is not health care.

I'll give this thread another chance... please take the argument out of this thread. We're talking about health insurance... and try to keep politics out of this thread. Feel free to discuss the political in PM or elsewhere.

If this argument or bickering occurs again, this thread will be locked indefinitely. There is some people have questions about health insurance.

Thanks

Back