Headphones and Hearing Aids

Even tho I use my FM for music (the little amount of time I do, mainly on long road trips) I've had people next to me on the trains or buses saying that they can hear my music coming out of my hearing aid, I guess through the earmold.

dude, are you kidding me? there's streamers that everyone can go crazy for! lol :D

the only streamer i know about has a remote you wear around the neck. i have very bad memories of clunky ugly fm systems from elementary school and never want to wear anything like that again.

I didn't care for the ComPilot when I tried it with my Naida hearing aid a few years ago, I still prefer telecoil earhooks or FM. Didn't like the ComPilot hanging around in front of my chest with a cord around the neck. Felt like there was a weaker connection soundwise, with the ComPilot at the chest level. I don't like neckloops because the sound is more quiet/weaker around the neck instead of at ear level.

The earhooks are comfortable enough to wear, very light on the ear. Sometimes they do break easily, but that would depend on how you care for it (being rough or careful with it). Once my dog actually broke the wiring in the cable for one of the earhooks for me, I was wearing it listening to the iPod and he jumped on me and yanked the cord down ow.

From my own experience, one earhook would last me about a year before the wiring in the cable finally fails/loosens up enough that it just doesn't work well anymore. I've bought 2 separate Hattis Epic devices, and that got expensive ($200 for both!). So I was happy to find the NoizFree/MusicLink from TecEar, definitely much cheaper.

a year, not too bad! thanks for the thoughtful descriptions, they're very helpful and i bet a lot of other people will find them useful too. will start saving up for earhooks.... hope that rolling up the cord like people do with headphones doesn't count as rough treatment, haha

Back