Have any of you felt extremely lonely & lost at some point...?

Remind me not to buy a house near airport! Yikes!

The worst of it: If the airport does not win the option to buy-out the neighborhood, then we will be getting the house when MIL dies. If the airport wins, then we have to hope that they offer enough for her 2 lots and buildings, then buy a new house somewhere else. She has had this house for 50 years. Since it is paid off, hubby will not try to move. It's fine for me as there is quite a lot of land and 2 very solid buildings. Just crappy with television. I watch some programs on the internet, but not often since they are not all captioned (I'm too brainless to figure out how to caption them) and then I like watching my DVDs on the computer.

The neighborhood is perfect for deaf and hoh people as we can't hear the airplanes. :giggle: They don't bother us except for TV.

Yes, when I was a teenager growing up.

Well I can only say I feel your pain. Not being able to communicate effectively seems to affect everything in your life including career, friendship, romance, etc.

I'm currently in this situation. I feel very alone and isolated now. I do not like this feeling.

I try to keep myself busy to not be dragged down, but... it's hard, especially when I don't know where the D/deaf community here is. :/

But I make do... and somehow, I manage, but there's always that nagging feeling of being alone and isolated.

I feel bored, lonely, and isolated, ALL THE TIME!

I have been unemployed for years now. I have no car to get to a job, and no job to afford car payments. So, I sit at home, all day long, bored to tears and frustrated to death!! I'm very isolated, without a way to leave my home and engage in life with other people. I have lack of communication because I have LACK OF PEOPLE.

This is not a deaf issue. This is a LIFE issue.

I always feel lonely and isolated and somewhat lost and I am surrounded by people. I think maybe it goes away when you become comfortable with the way you are.

I always feel lonely and isolated and somewhat lost and I am surrounded by people. I think maybe it goes away when you become comfortable with the way you are.

Yes, I can relate. Even when/or if you do have a partner or family members around, even in a group of people...you can still feel "alone", or that "something is missing in ur life."

I've been where you are at now. I got involved with the Deaf community here online. I finally learned that I can reconcile my deafness to my hearing counterparts. It's a long story. Instead of trying to hide or deny my deafness, I just let it become a part of me. Maybe it's not everything I am, but it's just another part of me like my hand or my foot. Some people just don't get it or understand why I take the positions I do on certain subjects, but when they throw a snit-fit over it I think to myself "It's not your fault, it's their stubborn nature to at least try to understand the broader picture here. The world is so much bigger than the self."

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Best to get involved with something you enjoy. Go shopping for a new outfit (be wise) or other things. Yesterday, I got this weird despondent feeling, it was so ugly , good thing my friends care about me to talk it over and it helped. I have too much going in my life to be depressed, its not my character, it just might be one of those kinda day thing. I am feeling much better today, its Friday :)

Last edited:
I've been where you are at now. I got involved with the Deaf community here online. I finally learned that I can reconcile my deafness to my hearing counterparts. It's a long story. Instead of trying to hide or deny my deafness, I just let it become a part of me. Maybe it's not everything I am, but it's just another part of me like my hand or my foot. Some people just don't get it or understand why I take the positions I do on certain subjects, but when they throw a snit-fit over it I think to myself "It's not your fault, it's their stubborn nature to at least try to understand the broader picture here. The world is so much bigger than the self."

This is something I had to work on too and I'm finally getting it. The more I accept my hearing loss, the less lonely I feel. I also agree with OceanBlue that you need to get out there and do something, even if it's by yourself. It sucks at first, but then it becomes like second nature and you start enjoying yourself. Loneliness really is a state of mind.

BIG, warm hugs to everyone who feels lonely and isolated here.

You are not alone!

Now where is my darn hug?!?!?

BIG, warm hugs to everyone who feels lonely and isolated here.

You are not alone!

Now where is my darn hug?!?!?

:hug:

been there and done that.

Had a friend to help me at a certain point of my life to understand that it is not at the end of the world.

Always light at the end of the tunnel.

:hug:

been there and done that.

Had a friend to help me at a certain point of my life to understand that it is not at the end of the world.

Always light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks....More!

Yes, light is at the end of the tunnel, always.

Thanks....More!

Yes, light is at the end of the tunnel, always.

:) Yup. And I will never forget what that person has done to help me.

It was one of the hardest things I had to do. But I did it.

In regards of the OP's post

When life gets distruptive you have to step outside of the comfort zone. Move ahead.

Feeling lonely is never a good feeling.

:) Yup. And I will never forget what that person has done to help me.

It was one of the hardest things I had to do. But I did it.

Yes, it is hard to see the light when one is hurting, confused, angry and/or lost.

Back