Hating my naidas

dotcomkari

Reaction score
I have naida vs...and been wearing them for about 6 months now and I have had them fitted it seems 100 times...I loved them at first but now I get feedback now and again and in really noisy places like work I am missing things... Or when all 3 of my kids talk at once I loose everything. They been messing up like crazy and I am beyond frustrated ...my Audi keeps dealing with me and trying to fix my issues, bless her heart..but I find myself wearing my old back up aids more and more...because I just find things clearer in them.

Last edited:
I have naida vs...and been wearing them for about 6 months now and I have had them fitted it seems 100 times...I loved them at first but now I get feedback now and again and in really noisy places like work I am missing things... Or when all 3 of my kids talk at once I loose everything. They been messing up like crazy and I am beyond frustrated ...my Audi keeps dealing with me and trying to fix my issues, bless her heart..but I find myself wearing my old back up aids more and more...because I just find things clearer in them.

I have one Naida III UP. I like it pretty well.

Buy I am only here due to your title spelling. I wasn't sure...

Nads? Niaids? Just was curious. :wave:

Are you uncomfortable with the sounds of silence? If you are, find out why, and you will know what to do.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

It may be your kind of hearing loss. I have midfrequency loss with recruitment. Hearing aids can be a real nightmare in public.

it's alright but to fix that, U might need your Naidas turned down so be careful not to turn it up 2 loud :)

I would also look at the type of mould you use, naida are suppose to be very good at preventing feedback

I second the earmold issue. That is often a source of feedback. You may need different molds.

I'm not too familiar with them, as I have forgotten which one of the power aid models I had tried (the strongest one). I hated it. Everything about it was wrong in terms of the way it sounded. You are right. You need to return them if possible or keep them for the dreaded day that analog HA are no longer available anywhere on Earth. We tried them, and I took them back ASAP. All digitals give me the same problems; I can't understand people in front of me, I cannot make out the pages at all - hell, I can't even tell if that is a man or a woman making the page; music sounds terrible; and I cannot hear any of the alarms at work, like register sensors, bicycle sensors, and jacket chain sensors. As far as I know, hearing aids for musicians are no longer available. I would have to wait for stem cell therapy, if it ever happens.

I'm not too familiar with them, as I have forgotten which one of the power aid models I had tried (the strongest one). I hated it. Everything about it was wrong in terms of the way it sounded. You are right. You need to return them if possible or keep them for the dreaded day that analog HA are no longer available anywhere on Earth. We tried them, and I took them back ASAP. All digitals give me the same problems; I can't understand people in front of me, I cannot make out the pages at all - hell, I can't even tell if that is a man or a woman making the page; music sounds terrible; and I cannot hear any of the alarms at work, like register sensors, bicycle sensors, and jacket chain sensors. As far as I know, hearing aids for musicians are no longer available. I would have to wait for stem cell therapy, if it ever happens.

well Oticon hearing aids are great for music lovers especially with the Streamer!

Now, see, I would disagree with that. I tried the Otican aids this summer, and HATED them for music! Maybe they weren't set properly, I don't know. But I went to a couple of live concerts, went to church where we sang hymns, and listend to music on the radio, and did not like them at all.

That said, I was able to hear background music in TV programs better than with my Phonaks.

But all together, I did not like the Oticans at all for any live music.

I don't like my Naidas for live music. Went to a Celtic concert a couple months back. It was fiddle/cello duo. All the high pitch tones (which I wouldnt have heard without my aids) just sounded screechy and indistinguishable. I get better sound with headphones and iTunes at full blast. :rockon:

I haven't had the chance to use my Naida at a concert yet, but I've been happy with it for listening to music.

I don't like my Naidas either. It is way better now, after 9month of changing things, but still, I'm not really happy.
I really hate it, when the HAs turn things down I want to hear and they are just filtered away. Music is okay, I guess. Didn't expect anything better.
All in all I miss my old HAs, but the time of analog HAs is over.

My husband on the contrary really likes his Naida. (I have the III UP, he's got the V UP. I'm not sure if that makes a big difference?!)

Please share with us EXACTLY why you don't like the Naidas for listening to music.

If you are getting feedback, trying keeping your mouth open when you have the mold impression done, this worked for me. Also, make sure you have wax cleaned out of your ear as well. As far as everyone taking goes, I don't think any hearing aid can ever overcome that type of situation.

It may be the aid itself or how they programmed it...

I'm not thrilled with my naida hearing aid either - got it nearly 3 years ago and really missing the volume of my old analog. but my audiologist told me that I'm qualified for a free digital hearing aid from the government that's more powerful than the naida I have now so I am impatiently awaiting my audiogram test (which is coincidentally booked on my birthday!) so I can submit the paperwork to the government.

the upside of naida is feedback cancelling which is exactly why I bought it in the first place, I dance the Argentine tango and the feedback was making the close embrace position really unpleasant for both me and my partner.

But still really missing the volume power of my old analog though.

Back