Hate Groups Effectively Use Web as Recruiting Tool

rockin'robin

Reaction score
He is one of the most researched people in the world. Yet the third result from a simple Google search for the name Martin Luther King Jr. is a hate-group-sponsored Web site called MartinLutherKing.org. The site is testament to how effectively hate groups have harnessed the power of the digital age to recruit new members, many of them young and vulnerable to such overtures, through Facebook, YouTube and other social networking sites, according to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Because many people use simple Internet keyword searches for instant results, it's easy to see how MartinLutherKing.org, could mislead a user about the nature of its content. Only upon a closer look — at the bottom of the page — would anyone learn that the hate organization Stormfront, which claims King was a plagiarizer and participated in illicit sex acts with three white women the night before his death, runs the Web site.

Stormfront, which encourages children to print out this information and take it to school, is recognized as the first online hate site, said Mark Weitzman, the director of the task force against hate and terrorism at the Simon Wiesenthal Center. Hate groups began using the Web from the very beginning, even before most people had access to the Web in their homes, Weitzman said.

"You don't have to go hunting for it. It goes right into your house," said Weitzman.

Stormfront's creator, Don Black — who bills himself not as a racist but as a white nationalist — recognized the power of the World Wide Web to spread his message.

In a Jan. 13, 1998, interview on "Nightline," Black said he recruited people online whom he otherwise would not have been able to reach.

"It really has created just an empowering effect that they never had before," said Weitzman, who hosts a seminar on cyberhate at the United Nations Tuesday.

And hate group members acknowledge the power Web sites have brought them.

"[It is] more powerful than a sword," Weitzman said one Nazi wrote on a hate site. "It's really changed the rules of the game for them."

The digital tool has allowed once segregated and isolated people to form communities centered on the hate of different cultures and people.

"The Internet has created a whole new world for these people," Weitzman said. "Most times they can't say the things they want to say in polite society."

Now the Web gives them voice to do that and gets their info out a lot easier, he said.

Hate Groups Effectively Use Web as a Recruiting Tool - ABC News

I feel bad for these folks because instead of blood running through their veins, they have hate running through their veins.

They will never be able to fool people though with their public relations campaigns, etc.

I'm all for rounding up klanners and neos and locking them up for good.

I feel bad for these folks because instead of blood running through their veins, they have hate running through their veins.

They will never be able to fool people though with their public relations campaigns, etc.

I'm all for rounding up klanners and neos and locking them up for good.

why? since they have a different opinion than you? your sounding like alot of nazis I used to know

FYI stormfront sucks

It's one thing to have a different opinion and another thing to encourage violence based on that differing opinion.

If we want to fight terrorism, we need look no further than our own backyard, which is chock-full of low-IQ white nationalists.

It's one thing to have a different opinion and another thing to encourage violence based on that differing opinion.

If we want to fight terrorism, we need look no further than our own backyard, which is chock-full of low-IQ white nationalists.

id say theres alot of braindead skinheads out there but theres alot of high IQd nationalist too, but on topic its true the internet is a great way to attract people to the movement or any movement, example, I could make the Deaf Power Movement (just on the street I can attract a crowd of 15 at best but on the internet I could have 1000 people in 10 minutes so yeah hate groups or any other can attract a larger audience by the internet) one thing theyll use is music, music for young peeps are very attractive, the sound? the message of the song you pic either one brings the end absolute, or solution your looking for, I.E recruit, or freshcut, or what have you. Think of it as mass telemarketing only the product is hate thats the way I see it

id say theres alot of braindead skinheads out there but theres alot of high IQd nationalist too, but on topic its true the internet is a great way to attract people to the movement or any movement, example, I could make the Deaf Power Movement (just on the street I can attract a crowd of 15 at best but on the internet I could have 1000 people in 10 minutes so yeah hate groups or any other can attract a larger audience by the internet) one thing theyll use is music, music for young peeps are very attractive, the sound? the message of the song you pic either one brings the end absolute, or solution your looking for, I.E recruit, or freshcut, or what have you. Think of it as mass telemarketing only the product is hate thats the way I see it

Either way, they're all full of shit.

We're all playing a game, a huge game that is nothing but a cosmic joke. White vs Black, Republican vs Democrat, Women vs Men, Rich vs Poor. It's all a colossal fucking joke.

Someday when the planet freezes over or the poles shift, there will be no one let to hate another. There will be no more petty squabbles and bullshit.

Why?

Because we'll end up killing each other, one way or another.

That's why we need to stop playing this stupid hatred and politics game and wisen up.

Anyone who subscribes to hatred, period, should be ashamed of themselves. They have forgotten that we are all ONE, we all have red blood. The only difference is our skin and even so, that's not much of a difference.

Love will conquer our fears.
Hate will ensure our destruction.

What are you going to choose?

I choose LOVE.

We're all playing a game, a huge game that is nothing but a cosmic joke. White vs Black, Republican vs Democrat, Women vs Men, Rich vs Poor. It's all a colossal fucking joke.

Someday when the planet freezes over or the poles shift, there will be no one let to hate another. There will be no more petty squabbles and bullshit.

Why?

That's why we need to stop playing this stupid hatred and politics game and wisen up.

Anyone who subscribes to hatred, period, should be ashamed of themselves. They have forgotten that we are all ONE, we all have red blood. The only difference is our skin and even so, that's not much of a difference.

I choose LOVE.

Well said! And I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Why?

I choose LOVE.

most dont hate others just for being a different color that would be retarded mostly because the other races are more prone to crime here illegally etc thats what they focus on and Love will only get you killed in the end your a hypocrite if you claim "love" and think there full of crap

Why?

I choose LOVE.

you don't hate anyone?

The stimulus is a short-term fix and no one seems to care about debt anymore except for penny-pinching conservatives (which I happen to dislike greatly) because they think that they're being heroes by turning down such money.

Someday, money will cease to exist anyway. Bring back the barter system. ;)

oh that is right! I forget dislike greatly is liberal code for: "give a conservative republican a great big bear hug out of mutual respect and kindness, lets all be friends "

:Oops: I'm so embarrassed

using the internet for that shit has been around for about a decade now... nothing new

Why?

I choose LOVE.
Amen Brother!! we are of one race. The human race.

most dont hate others just for being a different color that would be retarded mostly because the other races are more prone to crime here illegally etc thats what they focus on and Love will only get you killed in the end your a hypocrite if you claim "love" and think there full of crap

Hate will get you killed too. The difference is that Love is a positive force. Hate is a negative force.

If you (or anyone else) chooses to hate, then that's your problem. However, you should really think before you walk away from love.

As for the races being prone to crime thing, save it for the peanut gallery.

you don't hate anyone?

oh that is right! I forget dislike greatly is liberal code for: "give a conservative republican a great big bear hug out of mutual respect and kindness, lets all be friends "

:Oops: I'm so embarrassed

There is a strong difference between hating something and disliking it.

I suggest you answer your own question, since you appear to be cynical.

There is a strong difference between hating something and disliking it.

I suggest you answer your own question, since you appear to be cynical.

Hmm... I always thought you dislike/hate conservatives cos of all your posts until you post it. It's kinda of confused ...

that would be retarded mostly because the other races are more prone to crime here illegally etc
FYI Babyface,the only reason why *other races* are prone to crime, is b/c they are poor. Poverty is the number one causative factor in crime.
Back when Irish, Polish whatever white minority were poor, a lot of their slums were crime infested...........JUST LIKE today with black slums. Yet you don't see WN/WS/CI folks yapping that Irish, Polish whatever are dangerous do you?
Yes, some Mexicans are here illegally, but over all they are a very small percentage of total Hispanics who are here.

Since you decided not to be a friend anymore, means that you have the problem, not me.

If I don't like you, I would certainly removed your user off from both contracts & friends list, and you would only see Visiter Message and Recent Visiter. But, I didn't. Curently, I just looked at my contacts & friends list, and you are still on contacts list. I don't know why you claimed it. I said no such thing about it.

I am sorry if my pervious post offended you...

If I don't like you, I would certainly removed your user off from both contracts & friends list, and you would only see Visiter Message and Recent Visiter. But, I didn't. Curently, I just looked at my contacts & friends list, and you are still on contacts list. I don't know why you claimed it. I said no such thing about it.

I am sorry if my pervious post offended you...

I checked my list and didn't see you still on it.

It's all good.

FYI Babyface,the only reason why *other races* are prone to crime, is b/c they are poor. Poverty is the number one causative factor in crime.
Back when Irish, Polish whatever white minority were poor, a lot of their slums were crime infested...........JUST LIKE today with black slums. Yet you don't see WN/WS/CI folks yapping that Irish, Polish whatever are dangerous do you?
Yes, some Mexicans are here illegally, but over all they are a very small percentage of total Hispanics who are here.

Great point. This type of logic is outdated and unfortunately, it's still prevalent in certain circles.

Back