hard of hearing and depression

HHIssues, the trouble with HLAA is that it seems to be very Hearing Health 101, and more about "Oh boo hoo hoo...it's SO horrible being dhh!" It's more like one of those health support groups that meets out of a doctor's office, rather then a real cultural community. Also, most people who are members are old people, with age induced losses rather then people who have been dhh all their lives.
It's a great organization for people with age induced losses or postlingal people, or people who may have unilateral losses, don't get me wrong. Some people who have been dhh all their lives like it.....but it does seem overall that many people with pediatric losses don't really find HLAA all too helpful. It's basicly the same old Hearing Health 101 stuff we got as kids.
That is your NOT SO HUMBLE opinion. There are some of us who visit both AllDeaf and HLAA's forums. And like both. I'm tiried of hearing you put down HLAA. And MANY of us do not "Oh boo hoo hoo...it's SO horrible being dhh!". I'll shut up before I say something I'll regret.

more people who are depressed? Nah, no thanks.
I'm not depressed and I'm an HLAA member. I don't believe any of the friends I've made on HLAA's forum are depressed either. I'm looking forward to going to next year's convention and meeting other members.
You probably formed that opinion based on someone's "HLAA bashing" comments I've seen on here.

I'm not depressed and I'm an HLAA member. I don't believe any of the friends I've made on HLAA's forum are depressed either. I'm looking forward to going to next year's convention and meeting other members.
You probably formed that opinion based on someone's "HLAA bashing" comments I've seen on here.

hahaha, should I link you to many issues that are on hand here? Its not only 1 member.

I feel HLAA is as much a community as AllDeaf. If you don't like the community, then don't visit. There's no need to tell others not to visit. They can make their own decision as to whether it is a community they'd like to belong to or not.

I feel HLAA is as much a community as AllDeaf. If you don't like the community, then don't visit. There's no need to tell others not to visit. They can make their own decision as to whether it is a community they'd like to belong to or not.

I am not visiting. I already stated my reasons for so.

more people who are depressed? Nah, no thanks.

:lol:

Depressed deaf people need a great role model like you. Someone who can give them HELL and shake them up into reality about their deafness!

I have therapy for my counselor professional because cause I have lucky client professional support issues my personal! strict to law!!! interpreter with client person!I told my client understand for me

Back