hard decisions I figured out why...

sweet4u618

Reaction score
I had hard decisions while I had boyfriend. I was so confused because I misunderstood him before. We argued so much so we could not understand well enough with too many points. I had first mistake and will not do that again. My mistake was that I tell my family about my boyfriend that I was not sure of over online. I also tell my boyfriend what my family say about him. So he was more stress than I did that caused him to argue with me plus tired of my repeat news (sometimes forgetting). so then I broke up and still be friend with him. I found out a lot things that seemed to straight out to clear up understanding and no arugments at all. He told me if I did not break up that he almost asked to marry me. Otherwise he already have new gf. so I learned not to do that again to tell my parents or my sister about my next bf's background. and that they have to accept me if it is long distance. I misunderstood him because once he asked me about moving where that made me thinking he want to take me away from family and friends cuz of my experience that different old past guy did take me away once , it same meaning as (he controls me) for example but not really. he was just talking about it. I was so understanding and very clear over phone last nite about that. for next guy, i would not tell like that to less causing plm and less and help myself to make my own decison straight and clear what i want not my family or friend. I have to make decision than wishy washy habits growing up. Is it still okay to be friend after I broke up? Last nite I found out over phone. It popped up but he already have girlfriend. so I am really depressed but my female cousin showed up today it helped me up. I might be ready to date on next guy that I know of someday. u can email me about your experiences that is same as me or is curious about me or ask me questions if u need help from me with solving verbal abuse , abuse or "misunderstanding and that person not really controlling which it looks like but not". So my problem I need to improve is to get to know ppl background more if i want to be on a date. that keeps me smooth than rush and more understanding.

I understand completely what you are saying. Sometimes we are so excited about new relationships that our good sense goes right out the window. I have done this more times than I want to admit.

Part of my new year resolution is to take everything a day at a time. Think before I act. Set my goals and find happiness in all the little things rather than be always searching for something else to fulfill me.

You are smart to see this in yourself while you are young. I am sure you will be just fine...Take your time and find the right man who loves you for all the wonderful things you are...God is with you. :)

sweet4u618 said:
My mistake was that I tell my family about my boyfriend that I was not sure of over online. I also tell my boyfriend what my family say about him. so I learned not to do that again to tell my parents or my sister about my next bf's background. and that they have to accept me if it is long distance. Is it still okay to be friend after I broke up? So my problem I need to improve is to get to know ppl background more if i want to be on a date. that keeps me smooth than rush and more understanding.

I feel your pain in this. I do understand how you are feeling. :hug:

You felt that it was your mistake to tell your family about your boyfriend's background or that you were unsure about online dating. I don't think it is a mistake to share your ex's background with your family because it is important to know his background. They want to make sure that you are safe and happy. Please don't blame yourself for that because it is not a mistake. It is a natural thing to share with your family/friends. Your ex was upset about that but why is he upset about it in first place? Surely he cant have anything to hide?

Yes, you are an adult and old enough to make your own decisions without family interferring.

Yes, it is okay to remain friends after breakup if you feel that his friendship is what you cannot let go of.

I have rushed too and ended up realizing that I should have taken one day at a time and get to know the person better first.

Hang in there and remember that this is a valuable lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg said:
I feel your pain in this. I do understand how you are feeling. :hug:

You felt that it was your mistake to tell your family about your boyfriend's background or that you were unsure about online dating. I don't think it is a mistake to share your ex's background with your family because it is important to know his background. They want to make sure that you are safe and happy. Please don't blame yourself for that because it is not a mistake. It is a natural thing to share with your family/friends. Your ex was upset about that but why is he upset about it in first place? Surely he cant have anything to hide?

Yes, you are an adult and old enough to make your own decisions without family interferring.

Yes, it is okay to remain friends after breakup if you feel that his friendship is what you cannot let go of.

I have rushed too and ended up realizing that I should have taken one day at a time and get to know the person better first.

Hang in there and remember that this is a valuable lesson.

meg knows i have made the similar mistakes too .. but the funny thing is.. i didnt always tell my mom everything as it is none of her business or it will worry her too much.. but for some reason.. she always figured it out no matter how much or HOW LITTLE I SAID TO HER!! right meg!?? lol

so like meg said.. we need to take our time to get to know the person first, develop a friendship before going onto the next level.. it tends to work better that way.. otherwise it is a kaput!

awwww thanks that help me a lot :D I started to remember from my in person friend who told me about it so I saw myself what the point that she gaved me. rushing excited then easy throw out the window. and glad that ok friend after breaking up. so cool to see ppl's experiences or opinions.

Back