Happy Meal Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why the high rate of childhood obesity if parents didn't need to be told what foods are bad and what foods are good?

Seems to me they do need to be told.

A large part because our society forces children to do a very unnatural thing all through their childhood. Sit at a desk for one, two, or more hours at a time. Quick recess, back in seat.

If the child does not like sitting still it is not because our system is abnormal it is because your child has ADD or worse. We need to give them drugs to help them become adjusted to sitting.

Even on the weekends kids now days kids spend time sitting doing homework.

Maybe the schools should be told to encourage just a tiny bit more physical activity. A few hundred calories worth a day ought to to it.

...so they going to replace happy meal with killer meal or sad meal or fat meal?

The name is not being replaced. Still a Happy Meal.
:wiggle:

A large part because our society forces children to do a very unnatural thing all through their childhood. Sit at a desk for one, two, or more hours at a time. Quick recess, back in seat.

If the child does not like sitting still it is not because our system is abnormal it is because your child has ADD or worse. We need to give them drugs to help them become adjusted to sitting.

Even on the weekends kids now days kids spend time sitting doing homework.

Maybe the schools should be told to encourage just a tiny bit more physical activity. A few hundred calories worth a day ought to to it.

The child is the parents' responsibility, not the school's. Kids sitting at desks haven't changed in over a hundred years so I can't really agree that obesity is linked to sitting at school or that it's the school's responsibility to make sure kids go outside and play every day. Ultimately, it's up to the parents to ensure their kids eat well and be active.

But, a lot of schools have also cut PE and recess from their schedules with budget cuts.

Very unfortunate. Out of curiosity, what was gym replaced with that was cheaper?

The elementary schools that I know of had PE in the same area as the cafeteria and assemblies was held or outside in the fenced in field.

The middle and high schools still have their team sports and use the gyms that way, but dropped PE from the schedules. Just like some schools dropped music and drama, but still have the auditorium.

ok, i guess what i meant to ask was, what was gym replaced with?

Oh - sorry - there was either study hall or a computer class or something like that. Some kids are getting a class for extra help in specific subjects, but most just get study hall.

The child is the parents' responsibility, not the school's. Kids sitting at desks haven't changed in over a hundred years so I can't really agree that obesity is linked to sitting at school or that it's the school's responsibility to make sure kids go outside and play every day. Ultimately, it's up to the parents to ensure their kids eat well and be active.

It is the parent's job to earn a living -- Both of them, not just one any more. Clean house, cook dinner, mow the lawn, and tell the kid they can't go out to play until their homework is finished.

When they do have time to talk to the kids they are supposed to grill them about life's fundamentals. Do not drink, oh, by the way do you drink? And don't smoke, you aren't smoking are you? Don't do drugs, you are saying "No" aren't you? Don't have sex, sex can kill you and get you into all kinds of trouble.

"Okay, kid. Now we've had some quality family time together get to bed so I can get some sleep. We all gotta get up early tomorrow."

Ugh - someone just posted this link on facebook: Story of 6-month-old Happy Meal reveals many other McDonald

I know for a fact that they do throw away the buns if they spot any signs of molding. I don't think it's possible for the buns to show no signs of molding after a few weeks. This is bread we are talking about. However, McDonald's food will decompose in our bodies due to the acid that is found in our digestive system. All of the foods cooked are discarded after 20 minutes of sitting idly in the restaurant. I know this because I know people who have worked there and I have taken least a couple tours in the past.

McDonald's is not known for being a healthy food outlet. Far from it. However, I do have a problem with a corporation making claims that they do not use preservatives. I'm pretty confident that their burgers and chicken nuggets are full of them. Same with the french fries.

I know for a fact that they do throw away the buns if they spot any signs of molding. I don't think it's possible for the buns to show no signs of molding after a few weeks. This is bread we are talking about. However, McDonald's food will decompose in our bodies due to the acid that is found in our digestive system. All of the foods cooked are discarded after 20 minutes of sitting idly in the restaurant. I know this because I know people who have worked there and I have taken least a couple tours in the past.

McDonald's is not known for being a healthy food outlet. Far from it. However, I do have a problem with a corporation making claims that they do not use preservatives. I'm pretty confident that their burgers and chicken nuggets are full of them. Same with the french fries.

I guess only way to find out is to do a personal experiment and see if indeed the buns do not show signs of mold after 3 weeks. According to the article, the artist wasn't the only one to conduct this experiment, there were many others who had done similiar experiments and reported the same results.

I guess only way to find out is to do a personal experiment and see if indeed the buns do not show signs of mold after 3 weeks. According to the article, the artist wasn't the only one to conduct this experiment, there were many others who had done similiar experiments and reported the same results.

I noticed that as well. The question is, if the buns are not able to mold, how did they achieve that?

I noticed that as well. The question is, if the buns are not able to mold, how did they achieve that?

"The real question in my mind is why don't the buns mold? That's the really scary part, since healthy bread begins to mold within days. What could possibly be in McDonald's hamburger buns that would ward off microscopic life for more than two decades?

As it turns out, unless you're a chemist you probably can't even read the ingredients list out loud. Here's what McDonald's own website says you'll find in their buns:

Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzymes), water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, wheat gluten, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide, soy flour), calcium propionate and sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

Great stuff, huh? You gotta especially love the HFCS (diabetes, anyone?), partially-hydrogenated soybean oil (anybody want heart disease?) and the long list of chemicals such as ammonium sulfate and sodium proprionate. Yum. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Now here's the truly shocking part about all this: In my estimation, the reason nothing will eat a McDonald's hamburger bun (except a human) is because it's not food!"

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030074_Happy_Meal_decompose.html#ixzz1hqtMre9f

Put them in a large zip lock bag the same day you bought them. It'll mold later on and break down.

One thing for sure, there were no controls in any of the experiments in the link above about the burgers, fries, etc. Try it with the food inside a fully ziplocked bag (or a clear seal-able container) vs a partially ziplocked bag that would allow some air to get in vs food sitting out in the open. Note the humidity and temperature as well. Try indoor vs outdoor. Inside the house is generally less humid and that could play a factor. No only just the fast food but your own food you cook on your own grill. Try thicker hamburger meats of different thickness. All of McDonald's hamburgers are thin if you hadn't noticed already. There's a reason for that.

I laughed when I saw that link about the burgers and fries not decomposing. Always ask yourself, where are the controls? Even beef jerky can decompose given the right conditions.

I find it interesting that they would put HFCS in buns. Myself, I don't like to buy buns from big names like Wonder and others. I find the taste in these buns to be of poor quality. I prefer to buy buns from a local bakery. They make the world's best buns.

I find it interesting that they would put HFCS in buns. Myself, I don't like to buy buns from big names like Wonder and others. I find the taste in these buns to be of poor quality. I prefer to buy buns from a local bakery. They make the world's best buns.

so they say, in fact, Japan they make world quality buns, and french breads there too, as often said by visitors (re NZers going to Japan) says their bakery is out of this world...its true...Id like to go there too, and meet my uncle and cousins one day...

HFCS is in almost everything, the idea of it, is to block your brain from saying "i'm full' and hence gets eating, no wonder alot of people are broke and fat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back