Hair cell Regeneration for HOH People

deafness88

Reaction score
Has this been done on people yet? If not, about when is this going to happen? In a decade?

I can't wait for this day. I don't want to wear hearing aids as they don't give any clarity, just loudness.

Easy to find info...
Here's the research article.. but don't forget to visit this page on the same site..

Have a look here, for updated info.

Or have a look here (may 2006)....
.........These are some of the facts. Therefore, at the present time (2004), hair cell regeneration is nowhere near ready to be applied to humans. However, if research into hair cell regeneration continues at the present pace, hair cell regeneration in humans will very likely become a reality sometime in the next few decades. Even so, it won't be a cure for hearing loss. Rather, it will be another aid to better hearing, just like hearing aids are today.

:hmm: This is the first time I've heard of this....

That sounds creepy. Is it like minoxodil? lol

Any recent 2007 articles?

I would rather die than wait a decade.

I'm sorry but I don't think hair cell regeneration is exactly around the corner. Have you any idea of the enormity of this? I think it's gonna happen in the lifetimes of most of you here on this board.

I'm sorry but I don't think hair cell regeneration is exactly around the corner. Have you any idea of the enormity of this? I think it's gonna happen in the lifetimes of most of you here on this board.

Agreed, Tousi. The concept is in its infancy, and these things do not grow to adulthood quickly. Even if the concept develops, there are years and years of testing and clinical trials to complete.

Damn, I am not going to survive 80 years of living like this. I blame god.

So it's not possible to swap my ears /w somebody else's if somebody is donating their ears?

Not before haircell regeneration is possible...:fingersx:

Lol, good one, Doh!

Btw, why does it say "HoH" in the title of this thread? I don't think it'd be limited to just the HoH...

Back