Gym questions to ask?

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
What should you ask a gym before signing a contract with them? :wiggle:

what kind of classes do the offer, the schedule of those classes, hours of the gym, cancellation policy, transfer policy (if there are other locations), can you use diff locations, what sort of equipment do they have, how often is it updated, when's the last time they were updates, ask if they have personal trainers you can take advantage of, etc

Best thing you would want is to know the shortest lenght contract you can sign up for. Way too often they will want to tie you up for muti years. Avoid that. Especially ballys or golds gym.
Ask about free training they have. Some places will do that. I paid $240 a month for trainers to get as much info as I could. They are worth it. But I only did for 8 months. I feel more comfortable knowing what to do now.
Ask about group activities too. Something like step, boot camp or any cardio workouts

What should you ask a gym before signing a contract with them? :wiggle:

What are the penalties if you can't finish out the year due to financial issues that come up (loss of work, car repairs, unexpected medical or academic bills, etc.,)?

What is the procedure to stop membership, how quickly do they stop it upon being asked, hidden fees?

If you're injured - can you put membership on hold for a month or two?

When you call their number, do you get a machine or a person to answer your questions?

What group classes do they offer - are they free with membership or at an additional cost?

What are they're hours?

How clean is the facility, how do they clean equipment?

Do TVs come with closed captions? There's a lot you should get straight before signing.

Laura

:ty:! I'll take notes to ask them and as far as machine or person wise goes that doesn't really apply to me haha i have my sister call places for me cause i haven't used the phone in a really long time...i can't anymore. I have my appointment with them next week, so i didn't know what to ask...

Back