Guys not interested in Deaf/HOH Girls?

Well the biggest problem many hearing and deaf people have with dating eachother is... They both live in absolutely different culture and just cannot adjust for another one.

Deaf community are very small and it seems like as if everybody know eachother and already dated half of the community and often are friend with a ex or whoever. This really threw hearing people off. Plus many deaf people are very critiquing toward deaf who date hearing especially if hearing don't know signing.

Hearing world... Well not everyone want to take time to slow down for deaf person, it is hard to take time to sit down and communication with deaf person, etc... And deaf person often pretty much "shut down" once they're in hearing world.

So if they want to date eachother, they MUST be able to fully interact with at least one community, understand the custom and culture of that community, willing to spend most of their life in it, and be able to weather the storm if one of the community have a issue. Or... Just have a separate life.

My Deaf friend has been married to her hearing husband who doesnt know ASL. They lead separate lives with him hanging out with his heairng Spanish speaking friends and her hanging out with us but they still do hang out with each other with their children. So far it has worked well for them. Rare, yes but it can work if both parties are willing.

I met a lot of SEXY male hearing teachers and principals at the workshop today. I was pleasantly surprised that they were willing to make adjustments in their communication style to meet our communication needs. WE NEED MORE HEARING people like them!!! And yes, being sexy doesnt hurt as well.

Only one woman was like them but the rest of the women were so audists with their attitudes. Just found it interesting.

Back