Greetings!

thirdgencubfan

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm yet another David. I registered here a while ago (on a referral from a friend) but never got around to posting here or visiting often since I had other things taking up my time, like World of Warcraft. I've decided only recently that it's time for me to start participating here and sharing my wisdom, or rather the lack of my wisdom (in order to be considered wise).

I'm Chicago born-and-partly-raised-deaf-since-birth-raised-orally-and-introduced-to-sign-language-in-high-school. I was born in a snowstorm that led to Chicago's first female mayor and led to Chicago's first black mayor which in turn eventually led to the current mayor.

I grew up only-deaf-kid-in-entire-school-mainstreamed-orally from kindergarten to 8th grade. From there, I went into a public high school that allowed me to become not-the-only-deaf-kid-in-entire-school-mainstreamed-signed/orally. I guess you can tell I like using hyphenated compounds. :O

I went to RIT afterwards, through NTID. After internships on both coasts, I ended up on the North side of Chicago- 3 blocks from the western edge of Lake Michgan.

My time is mostly covered by WoW, reading books, following Cubs games, watching movies and having intense meditation sessions focused on growing in the bald areas on my facial hair. I'm about to drop 3.7 large on my first new pair of new phonak BTEs in 10 years, for my severe-to-profound hearing (or lack thereof). /shakes fist at insurance companies' lack of coverage

Most deaf people think I'm HOH due to my ability to speak like a hearing person. This is in fact untrue. I am actually a hearing person. I simply decided somewhere in my 5th month as a fetus that I wanted my life to be full of excellent nights of sleep so I halted deveopment in my ear and redirected it to my brain which gave me an overwhelming sense of spatial orientation.

From this day forth I'll try to participate in discussion of matters political, sociological, technological and entertainment. You may now flame me. ;)

-David

welcome i am Joey KAdera known as Parkour

:cool2: i really wanna know which mainstream or deaf school are best

Hi and :welcome: to AD! I agree with Tousi regarding your nice introduction and do hope you will enjoy your stay with us. Looking forward to your posts. :)

Very creative intro! I enjoyed reading it and :welcome: to AD!

Welcome to AllDeaf!

We could use a fresh eye around here to participate in these discussion at any costs! ;) I hope you'll find this forum enriching.

By the way, I recognized your avatar. Isn't that the song "Technologic" by Daft Punk?

Welcome to AllDeaf!

We could use a fresh eye around here to participate in these discussion at any costs! ;) I hope you'll find this forum enriching.

By the way, I recognized your avatar. Isn't that the song "Technologic" by Daft Punk?

Yup, that's the correct song. ;)

I wanted put an animated gif of the song as my avatar, but the forum said I couldn't upload animated gifs, even though I see users with them on this board. My guess is that it comes with high post counts or donating to Alex for forum upkeep.

Since no animated gif, I just copy/pasted the first verse and made a small gif out of it.

Yup, that's the correct song. ;)

I wanted put an animated gif of the song as my avatar, but the forum said I couldn't upload animated gifs, even though I see users with them on this board. My guess is that it comes with high post counts or donating to Alex for forum upkeep.

Since no animated gif, I just copy/pasted the first verse and made a small gif out of it.

That's cool. Nevertheless, your avatar is still awesome.

To get an animated gif on your avatar, You will need to be a VIP member of this site. So, of course you would need to donate at least $20 or more to be a VIP member.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

I will flame you later ! ;) Just kidding :D .. Hello :)

hello welcome to AD

i used to be from Chicago in western burbs as well in early 70s to early middle 80s but i visit chicago once while

Back