greek taste...

..pretending..= trying to have the same opportunities
greek reality = lack of meritocracy, opportunities of jobs, quality of life and generally here in Greece exists a common and dominant conviction making people indifferent about the union weal.

sorry for my bad english...

Hello to all of you guys! Nice to be in this site! Question: Has anyone been in Gallaudet University?

First of all, Welcome to AllDeaf! :thumb:

Yes, I have been in Gallaudet University. There are a lot of other members here in AllDeaf that has also attended/graduated from Gallaudet University.

It's awesome to see a Greek member on this forum. What are the likes/dislikes of Greek that you want us to know about?

First of all, Welcome to AllDeaf! :thumb:

Yes, I have been in Gallaudet University. There are a lot of other members here in AllDeaf that has also attended/graduated from Gallaudet University.

It's awesome to see a Greek member on this forum. What are the likes/dislikes of Greek that you want us to know about?

See. see. I, too, am curious to find out.

I'm greek(father) and filipino(mother). Although, I have never known any greekies outside of my family. BUT... cool anyway.

So... yeah... awesome............

-Stephanie

greek taste answer

First of all i would like to ask some questions:
As i am greek and foreign in America, is it possible to apply and enter Gallaudet and try to learn 2 different languages? (American spoken and A.S.L)
Can somebody, who has an undergraduate degree from another field, take a post graduate course in Gallaudet?
How difficult is for a foreign student to graduate from Gallaudet?
Of course i have many querries about this issue and the truth is that i don't know if i'm capable of taking this risk (to study abroad, especially in Gallaudet)
Now about Greece:
I propose everyone to visit my country cause Greece has a very rich history and this can be seen in many monuments. Moreover, there is a great variety in natural beauties, mountains and sea, and traditional cities and villages across the country and the islands. Here is one of the best places for vacations. On the other hand, greek life isn't so good.. According to some statistics Greece is the second country worldwide where people work many hours but have really small salaries (in spite of having 2 or 3 degrees). However Greek people don't worry and continue to entertain theirselves...Also, we are very hospitable that's why i recommend you to come!
Finally, to say something about our interest, here deaf people and hearings, who deal with the greek sign language, tend to be very representive and vivid when we sign. I noticed that this is common to the Americans' way of signing. I wish i had a friend who knew the A.S.L.!! Anyway... can't wait to see your posts guys!
I would like to read your experiencies about generally the sign language and the contact you may have with the deaf community...
:wave:

First of all i would like to ask some questions:
As i am greek and foreign in America, is it possible to apply and enter Gallaudet and try to learn 2 different languages? (American spoken and A.S.L)
Can somebody, who has an undergraduate degree from another field, take a post graduate course in Gallaudet?
How difficult is for a foreign student to graduate from Gallaudet?
Of course i have many querries about this issue and the truth is that i don't know if i'm capable of taking this risk (to study abroad, especially in Gallaudet)
Now about Greece:
I propose everyone to visit my country cause Greece has a very rich history and this can be seen in many monuments. Moreover, there is a great variety in natural beauties, mountains and sea, and traditional cities and villages across the country and the islands. Here is one of the best places for vacations. On the other hand, greek life isn't so good.. According to some statistics Greece is the second country worldwide where people work many hours but have really small salaries (in spite of having 2 or 3 degrees). However Greek people don't worry and continue to entertain theirselves...Also, we are very hospitable that's why i recommend you to come!
Finally, to say something about our interest, here deaf people and hearings, who deal with the greek sign language, tend to be very representive and vivid when we sign. I noticed that this is common to the Americans' way of signing. I wish i had a friend who knew the A.S.L.!! Anyway... can't wait to see your posts guys!
I would like to read your experiencies about generally the sign language and the contact you may have with the deaf community...

SO AWESOME to have a greek alldeaf member here... I never taste greek food before... is it good? taste like what? Need to try to taste different food from different countries... anyway- Glad to have you here with us...see you around. :)

I love the Greek pastries. Balkava (spelling?). And the Gyros.

Welcome to AD.

Yeah baklava right, but because of the syrup it's too heavy for the stomach. Also gyros which is really dirty fast food but dealicious too.
Here in Greece we cook different kind of foods, like pastitsio, mousaka, souvlaki, tzatziki e.t.c. Generally, Mediterranean cousine with some turkish influences.

:wave: Antony
Kalimera Antony

Welcome to the group :)
There is a Greek young lady here in the group, I hope she will welcome you.

I am learning Modern Greek (yes, despite a Single Sided Deafness :P ) and I'd like to make a post especially for you in Greek, but I think it's forbidden here. Too bad :( :roll:

No anthony , you're not the first greek..sadly , I must rob you from that privelege! LOL!!!

I am a full Greek living in Thessaloniki, Northern Greece..where do u live? LOL!

Welcome here and I hope u find what u just want...Welcome again and see you later!

Back