GPS recommendations???

I just want the one that goes with my car. I want it installed in dash, there is a special place for it and a backup camera. I probably don't need it BUT my hubby made a deal with me that if I didn't get the fully loaded car, he would have the GPS and backup camera installed for me.

It's my birthday next Friday so this will be a great gift.

That may cost you more than just an after market unit. That is unless things have changed since 1978. That is when I had cruise control added and some thought I paid too much until I told them that the shop opened the steering column and ran the control wires inside it. You really had to know to look very closely at one tiny place to know that it wasn't original equipment. At that time many people added them and ran the control wires down the outside of the column and also didn't match colors. I thought the difference in cost was worth it.

Super excited....we picked out the GPS and the backup camera today. This system will replace my factory stereo also. It will be installed next Thursday so it will be ready for my birthday.

We purchased the Kenwood System...has GPS with tilting screen, stereo, 6 disc CD, DVD, bluetooth and we added the backup camera. I think I covered it all. It will be installed this Thursday.

I will let you know....bringing my car to get the GPS installed this afternoon.

sleep2.gif

My GPS got stolen. Cops told me they don't have the tech to locate it. If thats true how come an GPS help cops locate lost couple in the mountains while skiing during avalanche?

My GPS got stolen. Cops told me they don't have the tech to locate it. If thats true how come an GPS help cops locate lost couple in the mountains while skiing during avalanche?

GPS device don't mean all GPS technologys are same, Your GPS probably have one way communication that's mean they can't trace your GPS device. Mostly mobiles use navigation with triangulation which it's two ways communication and easy for E911 to trace them.

I use my phone and old gps. I like two GPS to make sure they both are working together. :lol: I like the old gps. Tomtom :D. Most of time I use my phone in a short distances.

Yes, BUT 911 only gets snapshot of GPS transmitter location, it does not update if one moves their GPS to different locations. Maybe in future yeah, but not now.

There are two different types of devices, one is receiver where no one can trace where that receiver is from, But can get information with GPS device that has transmitter ability. Some GPS can do both, especially smartphones.

GPS device don't mean all GPS technologys
are same, Your GPS probably have one way communication that's mean they can't trace your GPS device. Mostly mobiles use navigation with triangulation which it's two ways communication and easy for E911 to trace them.

Old TOMTOM is good, but newer is more of shyt and I regretted bought another one.

I use my phone and old gps. I like two GPS to make sure they both are working together. :lol: I like the old gps. Tomtom :D. Most of time I use my phone in a short distances.

Oh I use google too. Phone is easier to get update. Tomtom (old) needs to update often. I don't bother it ha

Old TOMTOM is good, but newer is more of shyt and I regretted bought another one.

TomTom as App for iPhone (not TomTom device) still GREAT and better than google map when no networking signal in some coverage. Also Tomtom App is free to update, How odd Tomtom device cost around $50-$60 to update.

Well, I bought one few months ago, and I done drove from East coast to West coast in couple months, and TomTom gives me too many headache than necessary. I realized how bad it is and yes I compared with Google and Google have not failed me so far.
TomTom as App still GREAT and better than google map when no networking signal in some coverage.

TomTom as App for iPhone (not TomTom device) still GREAT and better than google map when no networking signal in some coverage. Also Tomtom App is free to update, How odd Tomtom device cost around $50-$60 to update.

I ll look up on TOMTOM on my phone. :eek3:

Well, this coming November I'll be going to Deaf Expo in Palatine, IL, and because the Pace does not run on weekends on that day, I may need to use my Google Maps and my bicycle to get to Harper College from the Metra station there.

Back