Got the ComPilot but the volume is so low!

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Just got my ComPilot and even tho I'm in my house with no background noise, I've also raised the volume of the call and my iPhone volume is on max, I can't hear anything but a whisper.

Is there anything in the software that allows my Audi to raise the volume?? I would need a big jump in volume to be able to make a call.

I wonder if I'm too deaf for it to work?

Just got my ComPilot and even tho I'm in my house with no background noise, I've also raised the volume of the call and my iPhone volume is on max, I can't hear anything but a whisper.

Is there anything in the software that allows my Audi to raise the volume?? I would need a big jump in volume to be able to make a call.

I wonder if I'm too deaf for it to work?

I'm guessing you're tried increasing the volume with the buttons (+ / -). I don't know if the audi can do anything or not. Hope you asked the question on hearingaidsforum as there are audis on that forum that may be able to answer this and other questions.

Yep posted there as well.

Yep I turn the up the + on the ComPilot. It only went up by 3 presses and no more.

I'm listening to music via my phone and I can hear that well.

I wondering if turning my aid microphones off will help.
Won't be able to see Audi until Wednesday now. :(

Can only just hear the beeps when changing program's via the remote now.

Totally confused.

I have now only got 2 program's including automatic which are mute and fm. Decided I don't need the rest.

Thanks LoveBlue.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Sounds like you mighjt need a special program set up to use with it with the gain turned way up?

My HA has only 2 programs "mic" & tcoil and the Tcoil & DAI volume tied to the mic volume, which for me means that often the tcoil is so quiet it's not really useable. My next HA I'm making sure has additional programs and independantly controlled mic, tcoil & DAI settings!

I'd talk to your Audie and see if they can set things up.

Thats what I'm thinking Anij, problem is my left has no room left in it to be turned up.

I've also just found a chip on my brand new ComPilot so I've just sent a email to phonak and my Audi head office. I hate that fact it's Friday afternoon. Means nothing will be done until Monday.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

NaidaUP said:
Thats what I'm thinking Anij, problem is my left has no room left in it to be turned up.

I've also just found a chip on my brand new ComPilot so I've just sent a email to phonak and my Audi head office. I hate that fact it's Friday afternoon. Means nothing will be done until Monday.

I'd also see if you can mute the mic (unilaterally or bilaterally) because that often helps things sound about 10db louder.

Also if you're maxed out on mic volume - make sure that your tcoil &/or DAI settings are actually as high as your mic volume ... For some odd reason they might be set lower and you might actually have space to move up.

Emailing /texting /calling your Audie should be able to answer the volume setting question right away since it'll be in your file :)

Thanks Anij. Will ask him about that. :)

Was really looking forward to using it but never mind, these things are sent to try us.

The company my Audi works for has this really weird way of doing things. Audi has to ring head office and then they ring Phonak. Phonak send item to head office and then head office sends it to Audi.
First order was for spare battery draws but fm battery draws we're sent.
Second order was for audio shoes for Naida UP but the shoes for Naida SP were sent.
They always seem to order the wrong things and then they never check the order before sending it toy Audi.

Audi always rings up when I'm there and he says the right things.
It's when head office ring phonak, they say the wrong thing. It's like they don't write the right thing down.

Audi is very good and friendly, problem seem to lie with head office.

After reading the manual, it's says you can have 4 automatic program's which can be fine tuned.

2 x Bluetooth
1 x Audio Input
1 x FM Receiver.

Going to see if he can increase the gain within these program's and to leave my ha program's alone.

After reading the manual, it's says you can have 4 automatic program's which can be fine tuned.

2 x Bluetooth
1 x Audio Input
1 x FM Receiver.

Going to see if he can increase the gain within these program's and to leave my ha program's alone.
Yes the volume can be adjusted individually. Mine that I tried was too loud. Had Audi turn down volume range.

Back