Good News for Nucleus 22 Users

SkullChick

Reaction score
For all Nucleus 22 implant user (old one like Sprint, Esprint, Esprint 3G) Good News for you guys!
Cochlear America just done making Freedom BTE for Nucleus 22 users and will begin to be available for people to order in mid-february to get upgrade to freedom!

I don't use nucleus 22 I have freedom implant but I have friend who does so I thought I'll spread the news so people know and upgrade to newest one instead of old (sprint, esprint, esprint 3G)
So go on Cochlear: World leader in advanced hearing solutions. Nucleus cochlear implants and the Baha system. and place the order!
Good luck and if you got it and please tell everyone on AD about the experience if you like it better and what is the difference and everything :)

-Amy

Oh you went with the Freedom? that's cool. and that's cool that the 22'ers can use the Freedom.

Hey Amy -

Honestly, this is old news. It's been told, I believe about two years ago when Freedom became available. My good friend had the Nucleus 22 8 years ago, and she got the Freedom processor last year. :) That's why I really like Cochlear Americas - they're great with backward compatibility. AB is doing better at that, but for implant users 10 years ago, they're SOOL, due to the fact that they don't make parts for their processors anymore, and the newer processors is not backward compatible with those type of implant.

But - It's great you're sharing that once again!

Hey Amy -

Honestly, this is old news. It's been told, I believe about two years ago when Freedom became available. My good friend had the Nucleus 22 8 years ago, and she got the Freedom processor last year. :) That's why I really like Cochlear Americas - they're great with backward compatibility. AB is doing better at that, but for implant users 10 years ago, they're SOOL, due to the fact that they don't make parts for their processors anymore, and the newer processors is not backward compatible with those type of implant.

But - It's great you're sharing that once again!

Uh, you must've been miskaten by nucleus 24 not 22 because they released freedom BTE for nucleus 24 in year 2006 and my friend is waiting for cochlear america to build and release freedom bte for nucleus 22 to be available to order and upgrade and it start mid-feb of this year.

Uh, you must've been miskaten by nucleus 24 not 22 because they released freedom BTE for nucleus 24 in year 2006 and my friend is waiting for cochlear america to build and release freedom bte for nucleus 22 to be available to order and upgrade and it start mid-feb of this year.

It does not matter what came out or coming out, yours is new and exciting. I hope you feel well and get ready for activation.

Oh, that's good news for Nucleus 22, I'm Nucleus 22 user but not wear anymore due damaged in inner magnet from accident in last several years ago, plus not want discuss about it.

Congrat to Nucleus 22 users if they are planning to upgrade into Freedom.

My bad. :Oops:

Yeah, I thought my friend had the Nucleus 22, it was Nucleus 24. :) So yeah, I got confused between the two. There's Nucleus 22, then there's Nucleus 22 contour. Ahh, I'm better with just saying Freedom implant. LOL!

Nucleus Freedom

Hi,

How are you doing with the Nucleas Freedom? Are sounds becoming more clearer? I am havng surgery May 6th and will also be getting nucleas freedom. Did you get the Standard BTE or the Mini? How is hearing now sinice you've been implanted in Febraury?

Hi,

How are you doing with the Nucleas Freedom? Are sounds becoming more clearer? I am havng surgery May 6th and will also be getting nucleas freedom. Did you get the Standard BTE or the Mini? How is hearing now sinice you've been implanted in Febraury?

Oh cool good luck on surgery!
Freedom's great, have you check my blog out yet? It pretty much said it all in there :)
Yes it sound much clearer for speech for me I was extremely lucky that I can actually understood some speech right away and sound so much clearer than hearing aid right away on most crude and basic map when most people heard were weird beepy, high pitched, asthmatic ducks, munchkins on helium, parrot on crack and other million funny description to sounds they heard at their activation and for some while after too and most think hearing aid is more clearer at first. But after while with a lot of patience it will become so amazing and better than any hearing aid and so crisp clear :)
Again, good luck!
Keep us updated and keep journal about your journey too :)

thanks!

I checked out your Blog. Interesting! Gave an idea of what to expect..as far as how it will look behind the ear. How many days were you on Vicodin? I am a breastfeeding mom and will pump and dump after surgery but planned to breastfeed after 24 hrs. My son is 7 months now. If I take Vicodin, then I will have to pump and dump so that is why I wanted to ask if you took vicodin more than 2 days ( day of surgery and the next following day).?? How would you rate your pain 1 ..being the worse ...to 10 being painless??

I checked out your Blog. Interesting! Gave an idea of what to expect..as far as how it will look behind the ear. How many days were you on Vicodin? I am a breastfeeding mom and will pump and dump after surgery but planned to breastfeed after 24 hrs. My son is 7 months now. If I take Vicodin, then I will have to pump and dump so that is why I wanted to ask if you took vicodin more than 2 days ( day of surgery and the next following day).?? How would you rate your pain 1 ..being the worse ...to 10 being painless??

Well I don't know if I'm like most people because I didn't feel real pain only discomfort like stiff in neck, fullness feeling in ear and head, tightness feeling, minor aching feel like bruise if you poke at it on the sensitive area around the implant area. I'll rate Pain as 2 and discomfort as hmmm..... an 6-7 I took vicodin for 3 weeks because of my stiffness in neck and at last week my incision was starting to sore from healing and scar tissue forming but I was able to be up and around without dizziness in 4 days
I got to warn you, your throat will hurt more than your head from the breathing tube lol its strangest thing.
Overall its not too bad, menstrual cramps hurt more than the surgery.
Tips, get a lot of jello, pudding and runny soup you'll have hard time eating from sore throat, jaw not opening all the way and no appetite.

Oh whoops I rated it backward! Lol
Well its 1 being painless and 10 being worse.

Back