GOOD NEWS! Easy Incoming RELAY calls on Sidekick, Hiptop and BlackBerry!

Absolutely fantastic

Mark,
That is a fantastic invention and I have yet to see anything like this in the US other than using ip-relay with AOL. In fact my BB doesn't not even do that since Verizon, my provider, does not offer the capability yet.

Do you have a business plan? All investors/funders will want to see one. Since you already have a concept running, you have practically dress rehearsed your idea.

What you might want to do is, and I am serious, search the web for a wealthy deaf/HOH businessman (too bad it isn't Donald Trump!). And then send an email. You never know until you try it!
Sam

incoming phone call on aim

i am in pa with area code of 570.. its not in the list when i registered.. please tell me where else i can find that number of 570 thanks..

there are no 570 area code in pa what to do???

Mark Rejhon said:
Hi,

MCI now has a new service called "My IP Relay":
http://www.ip-relay.com/number_info.htm

1. You apply for a FREE phone number.
2. In a few days MCI gives you your VERY OWN PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER
3. You give other people the phone number.
4. When people call YOUR PERSONAL NUMBER, the operator starts an AOL chat with you
5. The phone conversation is relayed over AOL Instant Messenger Chat!

The service is free for the deaf!
Unique phone number just for you! No 800 number needed!
It's just like having your own personal relay operator!
Works on ANY wireless device that has AOL Instant Messaging Chat!

It also acts like an answering machine too!
Incoming voice caller message is relayed as an EMAIL MESSAGE to you if you don't answer!

MCI Is Giving Out Free Personal Phone Numbers To Deaf Users: More Info

(Note: I will still keep using the faster telnet method, AOL is too slow, but having an INCOMING PERSONAL NUMBER with your own relay operator is awfully convenient -- no complex instructions, no 800 number! It's a nice extra to have. I'll use AOL only for incoming phone calls.)

Basically pick the nearest one that is listed. My Area Code isn't listed either. So I picked the nearest one as well as I dropped an email to MCI hopefully they will add more in the future.

Back