good energy

Nxkedsxul

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Angel :)
I recently started teaching myself sign language and i love it!!
Its just so hard not knowing anyone else to have conversation with . so i decided to reach out and see if i can meet someone or a group of people in the same situation or someone who'd like to meet someone . i live in california,and id love to have some new and good energy in my life:)

Hi, My name is Amanda, I'm hearing and I'm a college student in Missouri. I'm currently getting my associates in teaching but after I get done with that I want to get my bachelors degree in deaf education. I started teaching my self how to sign as well. Its a difficult thing to do at first to find reliable sources and making sure that the signs are accurate. But I've found some great resources and I love it too! I learned how to sign because I take care of an elderly deaf women and I thought it was important for me to learn so that I could help her in just everyday life, knowing what she needs/ wants without having to write down everything. The experience has truly changed my life and the way that I see the deaf world. As a hearing person I never really thought about the deaf world and the things that they struggle with, equality in many different environments from work to health care. Learning is fun but actually communicating with people is really the best part! I've never been to California but I bet it is beautiful there! :) We have nothing but hill, fields, highways and the Arch here. Why did you decide to learn how to sign?

Back