Good Bye to Playstation 2

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony discontinued the production of PS2.
PlayStation 2 manufacture ends after 12 years | Technology | The Guardian

The sixth generation video game consoles are over after started in 1998, started with Dreamcast in 1999, PS2 in 2000, Gamecube and Xbox in 2001. When GeForce ceased the GPU production for Xbox that caused MS to made a plan to develop the next generation console that released to market at less than one year. I remember about infamous RROD and MS learned about an huge mistake from faulty consoles. After Xbox 360 released in November 2005, the original Xbox discontinued in 2007, Gamecube discontinued in same year since PS2 survived until 2013, so 12 years of console lifespan.

What next - the seventh generation video game consoles are getting old and on verge of discontinue in few years, so I predicted that Wii will be discontinue in few years, so Xbox 360 will be followed, so it is depending on customer's market. I think that PS3 may be $99 by hit 10th birthday in 2016 and it will going be Class of 2006 reunion for me. :lol:

I need a PS3 soon lol but had great memories on PS2... hell good memories on PS1. There is Amazon or ebay though it wont be completely gone.

Always thought PS2 graphics were kind of muddy looking. It struggled a bit towards the end, I remember playing GTA: San Andreas, it almost killed the poor system, especially locations like the Mulholland Interchange. The Xbox version was sharper, smoother and nicer.

Rumour has it the Dual Shock controller design is finally going to be changed for the PS4.

I miss playstation 2 has 3 throw console is broke Don't worry have an old playstation 2 packs many tiles she memory!

Back