Get together

GrammyAlaine

Reaction score
:wave: Are there any get togethers where those who are deaf have a cookout or something like that? I would like to get my grandson and daughter to go to something where we can ask questions and people can help her with Bugg. He is acting out and we don't know how to handle it. The teachers say he isn't like that in school. He is put in time out at home and she tries to explain to him why, but he turns his head so he can't she what we are signing. He gets rude and disrespectful towards both of us. I was thinking it might be good for him to be around people he can communicate with and express how he is feeling and maybe somebody can explain it to us so we know how to handle it. My signing is limited (I am trying to learn more) My daughters is more advanced then mine. We love him very much but can't let him go down the wrong path if you know what I mean.

Thank you all for any and all advice you might give. :ty:

Also how can I get emoticans that do signing? I like them and they help me learn.

Yes. There are many places where the deaf have gatherings around the country.

If you'll google for results. You could type, deaf, your closest 'big city'/or your state in the search to get results. :)

Yes. There are many places where the deaf have gatherings around the country.

If you'll google for results. You could type, deaf, your closest 'big city'/or your state in the search to get results. :)
Thank you I will try that.

I am from Pennsylvania, near Gettysburg.

You can go to MSD Frederick events for children. It is not far from you.

Check out msd

I know Frederick tends to have several Deaf events that include children.

If not in Maryland, you can try the Pittsburg area?

Back