General Question About VRS

LeezaC

Reaction score
Hi all, just asking a question I'd want to know about using VRS on a pager if any? I'd like to get VRS on my pager but knowing that my sidekick 3 doesn't have the video bandwidth features available. Your response is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

LeezaC

While it may in theory be possible one day, it is not really viable yet. At the speeds your phone can transmit data, there's no way you'd be able dl and ul video in/out at speeds sufficient to produce a decent speed conversation, if you could get it to work at all.

Stick to text relay.

Leeza,

no. tmobile usa havent release its 3G network yet. hopefully it will come out this summer. it has been delayed for almost two years because dept of defense apparently hasn't closed down its own network - 1700mhz bandwidth frequency before that will be passed out to tmobile.

Verizon, Sprint, and ATT are only ones that have 3G networks so you can tether your mobile to laptop to call anyone through VRS. there is potential that at&t will release two way video calling anytime soon. you can chat anyone on your own mobile like you saw a a japanese girl signing on her own mobile in Babel the movie. right now att has only one way video calling which i am not interested in. some wireless carriers in Europe already have two ways video calling for few years. ugh ugh...

VRS on mobile/cell phones? Technically for now, it is not possible. Not one device is capable of supporting these technologies. Faster processor, better camera and battery life. Most importantly any 3G and higher networks are needed for better video.

Many providers in United States are using 3G and only very few of them are now upgrading to 3.5G. In Australia 3.5G has been rolled out and was told that it really rock. Can download movie clip at a blazing high speed at around 3Mb/s

Back