Gay rights

NicoleLIZ

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Nicole and I am hearing. I enjoy ASL and know that the Deaf community is not the same as the hearing community. I was wondering if there is the same range in feelings about gay rights in the Deaf community? I don't mean to offend. I am curious.:hmm:

Hello, my name is Nicole and I am hearing. I enjoy ASL and know that the Deaf community is not the same as the hearing community. I was wondering if there is the same range in feelings about gay rights in the Deaf community? I don't mean to offend. I am curious.:hmm:

Believe Foxrac would be the perfect person to ask.....

There are some difference between hearing and deaf - most deaf gay/lesbian communicate in ASL and the drama is different from hearing people, that's typical for deaf people.

Yes, you will feel same as deaf community, but only difference is sexual orientation and some attitudes may similar as you seen in gay communities.

Of course, deaf gay people want gay rights, too.

Arer you asking if there are conservative deaf people who are anti gay rights?

Of course . You could find that out just by reading through some of the old threads here relating to the subject.

Arer you asking if there are conservative deaf people who are anti gay rights?

Of course . You could find that out just by reading through some of the old threads here relating to the subject.

^--- what Bott said :giggle:

That's like asking if hearing people are more of a democrat or a republican.

The only difference between deaf people and hearing people on that note is we're deaf and hearing people are well, hearing! We have have different opinions we're not entirely the same.

I'm getting annoyed with those blanket statements about a group of people. I'm profoundly deaf but that doesn't mean I'm automatically a racist republican. We are just people that happen to have a disability. FYI I believe in equal rights regardless of your racial, sexual, religious orientation. If I don't like someone it's not because of their color or their sexual preference, it's just because that person's an asshole.

Back