Further cementing my decision to go with Advanced Bionics...

Ah yes right Dennis

Have lots of asprin ready for the poor brain relearning the new sounds...

I agreed hearing turning on the water faucet or flushing was the loudest sounds I ever heard in my life at the time. Unscrewing the top of powered diary creamer was the highest pitch sounds that I ever heard and took a few months to get used to it. Persistent is the key. It was a bit strange at first that some soft sounds became extra loud for a time. :hmm:

I refused AB because of their lying and avoiding my direct questions.. And at the time, they had the FDA fining them for inferior products used on the implant. Cochlear was not much better with their information. MedEl answered all my questions and was professional and much more honest. I hear music very nicely with the Opus2 model and very happy with the choice I made.

I've been happy with AB's service... like customer service, etc. They've answered all of my questions that I've asked them, etc., so I've been pretty happy with them so far. Any emails I shoot off to AB, someone always responds to me pretty quickly with answers and sources.

Back